Search results

1. Fredalbee123

Tub leak at waste and overflow

I have a plunger style drain. From the online reviews, the toe press type seem to not hold up because of the plastic parts. Does the plunger type have enough historical problems that I really should replace with something else like a twist and pull? Rather than updating what I already have...
  2. Fredalbee123

Thank you all for your responses; really appreciate it!!!
  3. Fredalbee123

Hello all, I recently had a tub leak from my kids bathroom (noticed but the ceiling in our living room below). Prior to the leak I had used the bent end of a clothes hanger to clean the hair out. My daughter informed me days later that it was still not draining well and that the lever to keep...
  4. Fredalbee123

Bay Window, Rodents, and Mold

Thanks again Dana! It’s weird that from what I can visually see at least, mold has not grown on the OSB (I can see top side), the plywood flooring above, or the floor joists. I don’t know how I would ventilate the brick since my porch is out front. I also can’t belive how much moisture is...
  5. Fredalbee123

Thank you again Dana! How are weep holes installed where windows are installed? Thanks, Fred
  6. Fredalbee123

Thank you for your response Dana! To your question: if the cavity under the bay window full height, extending down to the basement slab, or is there a small footing &/or slab at roughly grade level holding up the brick veneer under the bay window I don’t know. My guess is that it does not go...
  7. Fredalbee123

Hello all, I am in the process of finishing my basement. In a search of the forum, I found some other threads regarding bay window and insulating the joists below, but nothing that is directly applicable to my situation. Please reference photos and details below. I moved into the house 5...