Search results

1. Sproutnik

Venting Yurt waste lines

Thanks for the gross imagery, point taken! I'll have a vent to open air, I just don't know how to interpret hj's comment regarding no vent connections until 42" above floor level. There's got to be a way to vent this without cutting a hole in my fabric wall, which will cause all sorts of other...
  2. Sproutnik

Venting Yurt waste lines

Since I cannot go through the roof or the wall of my yurt, are you saying that I'd need to run individual vent pipes from the washer, toilet, and standpipe vents horizontally (well, really, diagonally for appropriate slope) out under the joists, where they would then bend, and run up along the...
  3. Sproutnik

Why is loop venting generally prohibited?

I understand this. For me, the desired feature of the loop vent is that it connects to the "foot vent" that runs under the joists to a vertical vent, which could run up along the outside of the exterior wall, since on my yurt I cannot penetrate the wall or the roof. However, my question was...
  4. Sproutnik

Venting Yurt waste lines

This best practice is in reference to the toilet drain inlet being the last thing downstream, correct? (I.e., not the location of the toilet vent). It appears that I could run the toilet drain directly to the septic inlet and stack the other waste lines on top of it without changing the layout...
  5. Sproutnik

Why is loop venting generally prohibited?

After running into the problem of how to vent my yurt without roof or side-wall penetrations, I realized that a loop vent would appear to solve all of my problems by allowing me to run a vent under the floor and up the exterior side of my yurt wall. However, loop venting under the IPC is...
  6. Sproutnik

Venting Yurt waste lines

I realized that I didn't directly ask a question (and I suspect my hastily drawn diagram that is replete with errors makes folks feel giving me advice is a gargantuan task that involves me first getting a clue, sorry!). Based on the info I provided, how can I vent my shower and toilet without...
  7. Sproutnik

Eternal water heater repair question

After checking the reviews on Amazon for the Eternal 145, I feel for you, buddy! Based on what folks are complaining about in those reviews, it sounds like it could be a problem with the heat exchanger -- folks mentioned that the heat exchanger can crack, and I wonder if that's the type of...
  8. Sproutnik

Venting Yurt waste lines

I live in central NC. I am building a yurt on my farm (w/ 3" septic) and I am having trouble figuring out the waste venting for my fixtures. Our yurt is a round, soft-walled structure where the exterior, weather-facing layer is a type of extremely durable vinyl composite fabric. I cannot cut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks