Search results

1. GoldDiamond

Can i cross water lines?!

Thanks for the reply! I will go ahead and do that
  2. GoldDiamond

Can i cross water lines?!

I am installing a water softener, I have attached a picture below to better understand what im trying to describe. The water lines that come out of the wall, the left side is the "in" the right side is the "out" ... but when the back of the water softner is facing the wall, on the water...
  3. GoldDiamond

Ground on water pipes question

Thanks for the reply! You bring up a good point of, what if there was corrosion. Which makes me second guess putting the ground clamps right where the water pipes come out of the wall, because if they did corrode over time it would be more effort to knock out the wall and re-solder pipes in. I...
  4. GoldDiamond

Thanks for the reply! Im a little confused on "If you have a voltage there under normal circumstances, it can mask a major safety hazard. It doesn't hurt to check before working on things, but it should not have any effect under normal circumstances." ... Are you saying that i should use a...
  5. GoldDiamond

Thanks for the reply bgard! In the manual for the softener is says to use #4 copper wire, i already bought it. Im assuming you have experience with this, Would you recommend i use #8 instead? It would be no problem for me to get new wire. Also, lets say something happens with the water softener...
  6. GoldDiamond

Hey Reach4, the 2 clamps don't connect to the breaker box, i think they are just to keep the water pipes grounded? It is 2 clamps with a copper wire attached at the top of each clamp. I will try to describe it better, so there is the 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall (in and out water line)...
  7. GoldDiamond

Hello! (This is my first time installing a water softener, i know little about plumbing and electrical, but learning as i go. Please excuse me if these are dumb questions) I am installing a new water softener in place of one that was already in the same spot. So there is the 1"? water pipes...
  8. GoldDiamond

Water softener grounding question

Hello! (This is my first time installing a water softener, so please excuse me if these are dumb questions) I am installing a new water softener in place of one that was already in the same spot. So there is the 1"? water pipes that come out of the wall .. and then the copper tube that hooked...
  9. GoldDiamond

Brine tank overfilling, tried a few things, no luck. Any suggestions?!

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read my post! I have a Kenmore intellisoft 350 series water softner, Model Number: 625383560 I am not a expert in water softeners, i am learning as i go, with that being said; I am having a issue with the brine tank overfilling, the entire tank is full of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks