Search results

1. Matt10

Radiator line gave out.

Thanks I actually found those 90 long. Ordered them from Grainger I also reused two of the original 90's pipe bends that were in great condition. all went well and my convection radiator is back up and heating. One question, it was suggested that replacing 1/2 in. copper with 1/2 pex would...
  2. Matt10

Need some boiler advise and education

Just a follow up due too a leak in a pipe to a radiator I had to shut the system down. So I changed the expansion tank and PRV . When I turned the water back on there was none. Upon closer examination the water valve was clogged all up so I changed that. Boiler up and running. Radiator is...
  3. Matt10

Radiator line gave out.

one of the lines coming from a large convection radiator corroded out right at the radiator. I will fabricate a new line. It is 1/2 in. copper pipe One question the old line is a total of about 2.5 ft. and two 90 bends in the pipe. I would have to replace those with 90 elbows. Will this cause...
  4. Matt10

The watts valve at lowes and HD is the female version. Use a nipple or a different valve?
  5. Matt10

It's been dripping from the top for quit some time figure it's due, as long as I'm doing the pressure valve. I tried flushing it a few times no luck
  6. Matt10

Looks like a pretty quick easy replacement. Any particular brand also the also the automatic air vent any brand recommended
  7. Matt10

Ok brought it down to about 12 isolating valve off will wait and see! What about the pressure relief valve having a constant leak?
  8. Matt10

I attempted to take a pressure reading with two different gauges . Neither one got a reading never thought maybe there is no pressure at all? I am going to try putting some air in. I have a new schrader valve and the tool If it come to that. If I drop the pressure to 0 psi and allow it to...
  9. Matt10

The schrader valve appears to be inoperable? Maybe at 25 years old I should just change it? Looks pretty easy The pressure release valve is still dripping. I'm running right at 20lbs. It is winter here. I have plenty of heat, in 6 weeks it should be safe for me to work on it
  10. Matt10

The expansion tank has me baffled. When I tap the bottom it sounds empty when I tap the top it sounds empty but when I tap anywhere on the sides it feels full? I tried testing the pressure but the pin in the air valve did not want to move. not with my finger or the gauge so I left it alone...
  11. Matt10

By manually opening the valve with the lever I got the drip to stop. I went to the regulator valve and following the instructions ( Taco 329-3 ) I turned the adjustment screw 1.5 tuns CCW. I lowered the pressure to 0 and let it refill it went to about 18lbs but on heating it climbed to 22 lbs...
  12. Matt10

You can see what I have. I don't really see any way to tell which one the water came from as the drain line is common. It now seems I have a slow steady drip from that line Qt. an/hr. I can say that I heard what I believe was the pressure valve release a quick burst of water twice. Also it...
  13. Matt10

First I have a Thermo Dynamics S series oil fired boiler about 25 years old. There are three heat zone lower level den small zone, 1st and second floor large main zone and upper level bedroom small zone The problem I've been having for the last three years is no heat on the second floor of...
  14. Matt10

Submersible pump help!!

First Thanks for the advice. In actuality this pump owes me nothing it ran for over 15 years non stop. Had it not been for my mistake that allowed it to get clogged it may still be running. I can understand why, as this little grundfos water motor weighs almost 6lbs. quite a solid little item...
  15. Matt10

Submersible pump help!!

The slot on the back of the shaft is about 1/16 wide by 1/8 long but is kind of rounded on all side and isn't very conducive to my being able to keep the shaft from turning. I tried customizing a screwdriver blade but to no avail. Also I took a good look in behind the impeller and even if I...
  16. Matt10

Submersible pump help!!

Do you think it could be just threaded to the shaft?
  17. Matt10

Submersible pump help!!

There is a weird looking "nut' on the impeller. On the back of the shaft there is a slot that I could probably use to hold the shaft while I turn the impeller. right or left? against it's rotation ?
  18. Matt10

Submersible pump help!!

I have a Oase Nautilus 60 pump about 20 years old. It is in a very specific application. basically since that pump is no longer in existence and a used one seems a long shot I am kind of grasping at straws here. It is making a bad noise (Bering). When I opened it up I found a grundfos water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks