Search results

1. Arizona CJ

whole house humidifier no longer humidifying enough

Short version: drum-style bypass Lobb Wa2 whole-house humidifier used to be adequate, but no longer is (humidity often under 20%). I can't figure out why it's no longer adequate. The house is in a dry air climate (northern Arizona, altitude 6200, so often cold in winter, deep snow, etc.). The...
  2. Arizona CJ

Connecting kitchen sink overflow with a disposal.

I'm trying to install an overflow fitting for a "kitchen" sink. It's actually going in a laundry room, but for all practical purposes (usage) it's a single bowl stainless steel kitchen sink with a disposal. It'll have one trap. (Or, if I have to, I could put a waterless trap on the overflow and...
  3. Arizona CJ

Don't trust breaker panel lables!

This probably goes without saying, but I'm posting it to warn people of the fatal mistake I almost made. Backstory: I'm moving a washing machine plug as part of a remodel. On the main supply panel, the builder had labeled one 20 amp circuit "washer". I have the wall open, so I could see the...
  4. Arizona CJ

Studor valve for a laundry sink?

I'm planning on adding a sink to a laundry room. The good news is the wall I want to put it on has the water supply lines and sewer stack for the upstairs quest bathroom in it, so easy access to hot and cold water and the stack, and the stack serves only that bathroom group (one sink, one WC) so...
  5. Arizona CJ

I don't want my WH T&P to vent in the room, but code says it has to?

I do not want my water heater T&P to vent in the room, but the code says it has to. (?!) I’m thinking of replacing a Bradford White 50 gal gas water heater, which has been in service since 1993 (though oddly has a manufacture date of 1991). The home was built in ’93. The water heater is in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks