Search results

1. Robbie_d

Tank takes almost 20 minutes to refill after a flush

I mentioned before that it confuses me why the little black hose that normally puts water into the tube is not putting water there. Every toilet i even looked into has a hose squirting water into the tube. Not mine.
  2. Robbie_d

I checked the hose that connects the wall to the toilet and i don't see any filter in there. I stuck my finger up through the bottom of the tank when the hose was removed and i didn't feel any thing special.
  3. Robbie_d

I tried the water directly from the wall and from both ends of the hose that attaches the wall to the toilet. The water pressure is strong when it exits the wall until it reaches inside the tank.
  4. Robbie_d

The stop valve at the floor that lets the water into the tank is at full. The "fill valve" (not shown in the photo) is that plastic tube where the small rubber hose goes into, correct? I turned off the water and i flushed the toilet to empty the tank so i could shine a flashlight down the...
  5. Robbie_d

Hi , How can i get this to fill up faster. It does fill up to the correct height, just takes too long. Thanks for any suggestions.
  6. Robbie_d

Loose green tea leaves blocking kitchen drain

Hi, When I was using the (sink) plunger, as I wrote before in my first few posts, I didn't mention that the rubber suction-cup piece had cracked. I had to throw it away. I had decided that buying a new one wasn't going to work, seeing as I had tried and tried plunging. AND I was using the air...
  7. Robbie_d

The kitchen sink is still blocked. I did buy a 900 mL bottle of Pro-Strength Liquid Plumr (Full Clog Destroyer) and followed the directions on the label and did not exceed the (max) 30 minutes. I first emptied the pipe by blowing the water with the air compressor only for 6 seconds. Then i...
  8. Robbie_d

Tea Leaves

Hi Reach, Oh I see, now. The doctor reads tea leaves. Ok, that deserves a chuckle. Thank you
  9. Robbie_d

Tea Leaves

Hmm, this was not a funny joke. That , or I didn't get the punchline.
  10. Robbie_d

Reach, I've responded to you already. I have to re-ask my question so that others might see the last post where my question is. Thanks to all, for any advice. Robbie
  11. Robbie_d

Thanks to all, for any advice. Robbie
  12. Robbie_d

Hi, Actually, someone DID mention Zep gel, and I later asked the question pertaining to how could I get it down to the clog in the wall - either with the air compressor, or some other way. No one responded. I asked again - and again, a snake has been suggested, instead. I can afford a snake...
  13. Robbie_d

I officially timed how long it takes my Kirby vacuum to blow all of the water down the drain, and empty the wall pipe. It takes only 6 seconds. I've poured gallons and gallons of boiling hot water down the drain, let it sit, and then used the air compressor, and it's still clogged. Nothing...
  14. Robbie_d

Thank you, for that comment.
  15. Robbie_d

Hi, I've only spent $3.50 so far on ONE drain cleaner. The Mela Magic was given to me. I say it's "quick" compared to how it takes all night to drain only 1/3 of a cup of standing water. If I wash a sink of dishes and remove the stopper, the water would still be there in the trap even after...
  16. Robbie_d

Hi, Reach I was just wondering how rust can get inside the threads of two, connecting, threaded pipes. After reading Masterplumb777's last comment, I doubt I will try to remove the pipes to get to the wall. I don't want to risk damaging things. I put the system back together and I am trying...
  17. Robbie_d

I found the answer to this. Montreal stopped using lead in pipes in 1970.
  18. Robbie_d

Hi, Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Now I understand why I should not try "screwing" around with those pipes. This building was constructed in 1972. So that's 35 years. Wait a minute, though. I am just thinking, on the forum, as opposed to thinking out loud. Rust can't be...
  19. Robbie_d

Oh, really? Well, then, I hope you can enjoy this. I am not a professional musician. But i am a multi instrumentalist (my main instrument is guitar). I had the talent to be famous when I was younger but life happened and I had to live my life. I don't play hardly enough any more. I do go to a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks