Search results

1. James L Gayhart

PVC Compression Coupling versus Slip Coupling

Reach, Slip Connector means using a slip junction between 2 pieces of PVC. I've seen on YouTube where a guy drills out the stop in a regular PVC junction with a Dremel so it can be slipped over and welded to 2 pieces of PVC. As an amateur I don't have to then worry about measuring...
  2. James L Gayhart

1 inch pvc pipe . Part of the main pressurized water line coming from the water meter. I've uncovered it and its about 6 inches underground when covered.
  3. James L Gayhart

I'm fixing a minor leak on my PVC water line. A PVC connector is dripping water just so slightly. It doesn't even spin the dial on my water meter! Any way what would be the best way to repair? Cut out the junction and place a PVC slip joint over the area or use a Compression Joint. In...
  4. James L Gayhart

Water Pressure Line Advice

Reach4, I'll look at the Menards website regarding polyethylene. Also how to install. I believer there are certain tools to enlarge the pipe and then put in the various diameter barb/clamps I would need? I was looking at the web last night and their was a video on using PEX. I'm assuming...
  5. James L Gayhart

Hello Jeff, I was thinking of eliminating all of the 1 inch elbow couplers and then just reconnect the water meter to the 2 inch line at ground level (about 15-24 inches depth) with regular couplers so the line would just be laying at the bottom of the trench I've dug out between the main...
  6. James L Gayhart

Hello Reach4, The water pressure hovers around 50-54 PSI when nothing is being used. Drops down to about 40 PSI if something is turned on! The town I live (Leakey, Tx) has only 428 people with a small City Water Supply. The term building/plumbing codes don't hunt around here so no surprise...
  7. James L Gayhart

I just repaired a leak on the water line coming off the water meter box. One PVC junction had blown out. Possibly due to the prior plumber not doing the PVC weld right or it could be from the extreme drought were currently having here in Texas causing soil shifting. However in getting...
  8. James L Gayhart

Dripping Sounds Underneath Toilet

Hello, I'm following up from my August 22, 2017 post just as an FYI and also just in case some other DIY runs into the same problems I had. The two toilets that I installed Fluid Master waxless seals on(See my prior posts) are still making dripping sounds when water/material is added to...
  9. James L Gayhart

Just an FYI! I went ahead and changed out the wax seal on another one of my toilets! This toilet was making dripping sounds when adding water to the bowl. Anyway, I pulled this toilet and yep!, the two wax seals(stacked) had hardened and were showing damage. The wax seals came out again...
  10. James L Gayhart

Jadnashua, Yep! My toilet and home construction is definitely not high end! :) I will keep an eye out for a while underneath the toilet base and the floor for potential water, but I believe y'all are correct that it's just overflow water dripping through the waxless seals inside the toilet...
  11. James L Gayhart

Reach4, Yes to All! Still hard not to worry about leaks. Hard to find repair or servicemen in my area, so preventive maintenance is prudent to say the least! I'll look into trying to find some type of sound proof insulation. Can't hurt just like chicken soup! :) Thanks for the assistance!
  12. James L Gayhart

Reach4, I don't have the tank attached at this time! I previously tested it using dye and it appears the tank and the fill valve are functioning properly. Currently, I'm have dye in the bowl and pouring water into it. As stated, when I do this, I first hear a gushing sound and then it...
  13. James L Gayhart

Jadnashua, The toilets are all made by Kohler and are porcelain. Nothing special as far as I can tell. I just went and poured some water into the toilet again, about 12 ounces each time. At first you would here a gush, then the dripping would start, but it lasted about 3 minutes each...
  14. James L Gayhart

Hello, I live out in rural Texas and its hard to get a plumber to come where I live. I have a house that is on a hillside with all 3 toilets on the top floor that extends down to a dirt cellar. House is only 5 years old. Just bought it a year ago. I discovered that one of my toilets...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks