Search results

1. mincam

Connector for romex to PVC box

This is an interpretation of the code, which presumably is correct. From: https://www.ecmag.com/section/codes-standards/article-370-boxes-conduit-bodies-and-fittingsgeneral-installation-sections All permitted wiring methods must be secured to nonmetallic boxes, unless the Section 370-17(c)...
  2. mincam

Changing the subject, just a little, with three questions: 1) Although I don't have the code in front of me, so I can't really search it, this is what I can Google: 370-17c says: All cable SHALL BE secured to the box, except for single gang non-metallic boxes, if stapled within 8 inches of the...
  3. mincam

"It is arguably small enough to be ignored" does not satisfy prohibiting ungrounded "conductive materials enclosing electrical conductors ," although I agree that it is being incredibly picky in this case. But, BINGO!!!! You win the prize with the plastic lock nut, thank you so much.
  4. mincam

Very interesting, and I am not doubting you. However, please cite the section of the code that specifies 1-1/2 or larger. I need to be able to back your claim up. Thanks.
  5. mincam

250.4(A)(2) Grounding of Electrical Equipment. Normally non-current-carrying conductive materials enclosing electrical conductors or equipment, or forming part of such equipment, shall be connected to earth so as to limit the voltage to ground on these materials. Any metal in the connector is...
  6. mincam

Basically my question is very simple: How do you properly connect romex to a PVC box?
  7. mincam

I want to mount this box on the outside of the house and come into it through the back hole with romex from inside the house, and then change to stranded THHN to be run in PVC conduit outdoors. I am under the impression that I need a connector on the romex to secure it to the back of the box in...
  8. mincam

Need GFCI help

See above. How do you spell chagrined? Thanks
  9. mincam

Need GFCI help

Thanks, I solved the problem. It was a faulty worker - me.
  10. mincam

Need GFCI help

GFCI will not reset with line connected and NOTHING CONNECTED TO LOAD SIDE. This GFCI is at the end of the line on an outside wall in a very dry location. It is just there as a receptacle and has nothing wired to the load side. Just bought this house and found that this GFCI did not work or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks