Search results

1. EricE

Any manufacturer of single handle that does temp AND volume still?

Two handle is fine - as long as you can control the temp and flow (or pressure as I have seen some reviews refer to) individually - which is what this valve looks like it does. Thanks!
  2. EricE

Recommendations on durable non tile tub surrounds

They do - I picked a style that had a subtle sand like pattern to it - way better than the solid colors IMNSHO. I also like it a lot better than the fake marble veining which I think would be utterly overpowering on the vast expanse of a shower/tub surround. That's the real challenge - these...
  3. EricE

Any manufacturer of single handle that does temp AND volume still?

I didn't see the lift for volume? I saw the lift shower diverter, but it looks like the handle just spins to change the temp. I want to be able to have a trickle of hot water if taking a bath, if that helps frame the problem better.
  4. EricE

Dealing with galvanized in a tight space

I've did quite a bit of searching in the forums here (awesome resource) but I haven't found anything that really addresses my situation. I'm looking for options in dealing with galvanized in a tight space - under a tub on slab where the pipe is below slab. Thankfully there is a rather large...
  5. EricE

Replacing Washing Machine Drain Pipe Under Slab

I would not tunnel like this guy: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/replacing-cast-iron-under-slab.53636/#post-391507 o_O Why not filter the water before it goes into the drain: https://www.familyhandyman.com/laundry-room/septic-system-how-to-filter-out-laundry-lint/view-all/...
  6. EricE

Can I install a compact front load washer in the place of the dishwasher?

This is the crux of the issue. Your washer ejects a certain gallon per minute, and to ensure that all the water goes down the drain safely instead of backing up and overflowing all over the interior of your house it requires a pipe with a minimum diameter to ensure sufficient water flow...
  7. EricE

High quality angle stop valves?

This looks like it wouldn't be that objectionable: https://www.dahlvalve.com/products/water-hammer-valves-fittings/supply-stops/supply-stops-611-53-31-14WHA.php
  8. EricE

It's easier and a lot faster at install time to just slip a compression valve on or sweat one on. Time is money for any tradesman. I'm not a tradesman and in this for the long haul so once I get the old valves out I'll be putting threaded nipples on then threaded valves so no one has to get a...
  9. EricE

Thanks @Reach4 and @Terry - just what I was looking for. I looked at the valves under the sinks again and what do you know - they are Brass Craft - I dunno if I would have paid attention the writing without the prompting here. They are over 45 years old so I won't hold that against them :)
  10. EricE

3/8 male to 1/2 male on shutoff valve conversion

"Will avoid Lowe's for plumbing from now on." Oh I don't know - HD didn't have a 1/4" to 3/8" compression fitting (Plastic pipe for RO system) I needed but Lowes did. Sometimes you just have to check both.
  11. EricE

Timed Automatic water shutoff valve

I don't know about automatic but you can shut this one off the Moen Flo Smart Home Water Monitoring, Alarm and Automatic Shutoff System from your phone. https://www.moen.com/flo It also has some other advantages - I'm out of town right now and wouldn't mind having something like that for peace...
  12. EricE

They also have issues with water hammer - any that have integrated water hammer arrestors that actually work would be an added bonus!
  13. EricE

I'm visiting my parents and in passing my mom mentioned none of the angle stop valves under their bathroom sinks or toilets are operational any more. Before heading off to the usual big box stores and getting whatever chinesium junk they have I was wondering if there were better brands of angle...
  14. EricE

Out with Kohler Cimarron, in with Toto Ultramax II or Drake II

My parents had two Kohler Cimarron's that performed horribly (they didn't listen to me about Toto - oh well). My mom did some checking and complaining to Kohler and I'm not sure if there was a recall or she was just really persistent, but apparently they had redesigned them and Kohler agreed to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks