Search results

1. Don Knots

Outside water softener drain question

Im in central florida so the original water softener that was installed with the house (2001) was placed outside at the time the house was built by the original owner. It was an old rain soft system. It appears they grabbed the incoming line from the city water before entering house based upon...
  2. Don Knots

Starting Water softener search

Having trouble locating any local clack people. I did find one, shows a pic of clack unit on the site for roughly $1150 for a 32k softening unit. After speaking with them apparently its a fleck due to clack being out of stock. Not really thrilled with some of the reviews im reading of the...
  3. Don Knots

Also if it helps, here is my local water report: https://www.deltonafl.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif3011/f/pages/2020_ccr.pdf Forgot a question..... Does the hach 5b test account for any iron that may be present? If not is there something i need to do to figure on that?
  4. Don Knots

Staring the process of getting a new water softener, been going thru the various threads on here. Ordered Hach 5b test to get a more accurate measurement but i have ppm tested the water between 250-275ppm in the past (city water). Expecting to come somewhere in the range of 14-17ish Its...
  5. Don Knots

Softner and possibly filter questions

How does one go about sanitizing the water pipes for maintenance? Bypass everything for a little bit or is there another process?
  6. Don Knots

Softner and possibly filter questions

I need to put a new softener in the house....old one hasn't worked in awhile and i finally got some funds to replace/upgrade. Looking for some advice and some guidance. 1. When i purchased the house (was 3yrs old at time, built 2001) there was a rain soft system hooked up on the outside of...
  7. Don Knots

Move Toilet supply / vanity sink supply line in concrete.

Sorry Terry, may be i wasnt clear... i would love to move the pipes :) Is there some fittings you would suggest to use for better chance of no leaks down the line? Its pex. Im guessing i would need 2 right angles to be able to maneuver it the correct direction, one to go left and then one to...
  8. Don Knots

Move Toilet supply / vanity sink supply line in concrete.

Both bathrooms are on outside wall on block home with furring strips. Minimal space in there... Pex pipe appears to be coming thru the block straight, no connectors, angles, insert plumbing term here :). Just horizontal pipe thru block is all i see when i open wall. One room they f'ed up...
  9. Don Knots

Hardwater .... CEFIONTECT or not?

i looked at a video....doesnt look that bad. Do the screws for the unifit adapter penetrate the slab too or are they short enough to stay in the tile? I guess a better question is how long are they ? Was thinking about re-tiling that bath so i may want to do that first before i start...
  10. Don Knots

Hardwater .... CEFIONTECT or not?

Getting ready to put a new toilet in the masterbath myself. Not a plumber myself but put a drake in over the weekend in the guest bath without issue using the guides on here :) I have fairly hard water here in FL and wont have funds to get softner/filter put in for awhile as i want to move the...
  11. Don Knots

Toto options guide?

Awsome! Thanks Terry and Reach!
  12. Don Knots

Toto options guide?

Im pretty sure i have seen a guide on the site that explains how the differences in the sku's relate to the features for toto toilets but i cant seem to find it anymore. Can someone throw me a bone? IE: S = CEFIONTECT G= gmax Trying to find a new toilet and want to make sure i got...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks