Move Toilet supply / vanity sink supply line in concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Don Knots

Reaction score
Both bathrooms are on outside wall on block home with furring strips. Minimal space in there...

Pex pipe appears to be coming thru the block straight, no connectors, angles, insert plumbing term here :). Just horizontal pipe thru block is all i see when i open wall.

One room they f'ed up the under vanity, hot water supply line is installed so bad it sits right on top of the drain pipe. Such a tight fit that they ended up having to cut the decorative trim in a cresent moon shape with tin snips or something just so they would fit. So tight i have to pull the supply line to the left so i can get a finger on valve just to turn off. My guess is someone didnt plan for the furring strip location by the looks.

In the other bath i was thinking about a skirted carlyle but the toilet supply is under 8" from rough in center. Meaning i would need to somehow attempt to move it. Again, pex in concrete.

What would you do for this situation? I thought maybe some connectors to angle it further the other direction but what has me worried is how would i know if they ever leaked once the walls closed up. Or would you just bit the bullet and live with it under vanity and get different toilet.

Don Knots

Reaction score
Sorry Terry, may be i wasnt clear... i would love to move the pipes :)

Is there some fittings you would suggest to use for better chance of no leaks down the line? Its pex. Im guessing i would need 2 right angles to be able to maneuver it the correct direction, one to go left and then one to go foward out drywall. Also i would have to cut the existing line really close to the block to get it back in the wall enough, again outside furring strip wall with minimal depth.

Would a pic help? Check out this fine work by the home builder :)

Attachments

• inlet.jpg
    inlet.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 263
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks