Search results

1. JRowley

Aprilaire 800 Humidifier + EcoBee Wiring Help Needed

Hi everyone! I just installed an Aprilaire 800 steam humidifier (ran 240v into it), and I'm confused on how exactly to wire it to my EcoBee 3 on the upper level. My Lenox ML193UH (single stage, I think) furnace's control board has a "HUM" terminal listed as "120vac". See the diagram provided...
  2. JRowley

Humidifier Installed in Return Duct

I purchased an Aprilaire 800 steam humidifier. Per the instructions, the steam dispersion tube is supposed to be installed in the cold air return, with about 4 - 5' of "absorption distance". I'm wondering, why can't I just install the dispersion tube about 2' prior to my 2-zone ducting (where...
  3. JRowley

How do I go from 1/2" Pex to a 1/4" compression?

Newbie here. I'm installing an Aprilaire 800 steam humidifier. Included is a saddle valve I'm supposed to pierce a 3/4'' cold water line (PEX-A/Uponor) with. From there, a 1/4" O.D. copper line into the unit's inlet, which also takes a compression fitting. The problem? It leaks, and I've...
  4. JRowley

Rings not applies correctly

When we were doing our ProPex/Soiux Chief pex tubing, we used those 3/4" pex-a sleeves. The ones with the stop on the end of them. (You can only put the tubing in on one side, and then it stops at the other end). The Milwaukee expansion tool directions say "If you do NOT have a stop at the end...
  5. JRowley

Connect Wirsbo/Uponor to... what?

I wanted to install a water softener in my new construction home. Bought some Sharkbite pex tubing, then realized you couldn't expand like you can ProPex. Didn't realize ProPex was only available to professionals. So, now what? I was thinking of Sioux Chief PEX a tubing from Menards. They have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks