Connect Wirsbo/Uponor to... what?

Users who are viewing this thread

JRowley

Reaction score
I wanted to install a water softener in my new construction home. Bought some Sharkbite pex tubing, then realized you couldn't expand like you can ProPex. Didn't realize ProPex was only available to professionals.

So, now what? I was thinking of Sioux Chief PEX a tubing from Menards. They have everything it looks like except the 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 tees. I'm assuming I can use a Milwaukee ProPex expansion tool with the Sioux Chief and make the connections to the Wirsbo?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
The Sioux Chief Pex A is compatible with the Milwaukee and other expansion tools for F1960 PEX. Besides rolls, Menards even has 5 ft pieces. Uponor has several brands, and I think they call the tubing itself Aquapex and call the fittings Propex. Click Inbox above.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
By using an expanding fitting verses something like a Sharkbite, you'll maintain a larger ID, but a Sharkbite would work.

JRowley

Reaction score
We ended up using the Sioux Chief. It even says on their packaging "Compatible with ProPex" lol. Thank you for the responses!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks