Search results

1. Jrstevens

Water becomes corrosive if pre-treated with Chlorine or H2O2

Hello, I've got a strange issue where my well water becomes corrosive if I treat it with either Chlorine or peroxide. I inject enough to get a residual (.5ppm-1ppm chlorine or 4ppm+ for peroxide). The residual is then removed via 2 cubic feet of catalytic carbon. The water ph is around 7.3 and...
  2. Jrstevens

Tannins or something else?

Hello, Please see the attached pics. The bottle on the right with the slight tint is treated well water (sediment -> catalytic carbon -> softener). The bottle on the left is the same water but with 2 ml of 6% bleach after 10-20 minutes. There is no settling of sediment at the bottom of the...
  3. Jrstevens

Treated water smells of sulfur and becomes dark gray

Greetings, I recently had a new well drilled. I hooked it up to existing equipment with the plan to get a water test and purchase new equipment. The treated water was acceptable for a couple of weeks, then sulfur smell started to creep in. It has only gotten worse. I'm hoping to get advice on...
  4. Jrstevens

Need to re-route sink drain but only fittings are exposed

Hello, I have a double tub stainless steel kitchen sink that I'd like to swap out for a single tub unit. I can either get one where the drain is centered or offset to the right. The drain connections look problematic though. It is all fittings where I would need to re-route it. All the new...
  5. Jrstevens

Shallow well jet pump failing to reach cutoff

Hello all, I have a STA-RITE (model SNE-L, 1HP) shallow well jet pump that is progressively getting worse at reaching its cutoff pressure. The pump was purchased in May'14. The pressure switch was left at its default setting (30/50 I believe). The pressure switch had to be turned down in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks