Search results

1. AfroJoJo

Toilet horn wobble

Just finished the job. The reamer worked well. Had a lot less wobble. Still needed shims though.
  2. AfroJoJo

Toilet horn wobble

The flange is screwed down securely. I was going to try one of these reamers for a 3 inch pipe.
  3. AfroJoJo

Toilet horn wobble

I am referring to the horn on the bottom of the toilet that sticks out. That is what it's wobbling on. It appears that the pipe isn't trimmed low enough.
  4. AfroJoJo

Toilet horn wobble

I am setting a toilet and have a wobble issue. At first I was just going to shim and call it good. I then noticed the toilet horn is wobbling on top of the 3" pipe that's glued in the flange. I was thinking of using an internal pipe reamer and taking out a little at a time until it sets in hole...
  5. AfroJoJo

Cast Iron Pipe

Would it be ok to paint right over that stuff? I figured it would bleed through right away.
  6. AfroJoJo

Cast Iron Pipe

This is the main vent stack in our basement. It's getting rusty looking black oil/sludge sections on the hub joints. It doesn't have any odor to it, it just looks bad. Is there any way to handle this without removing and replacing the pipes? I know it will eventually need to be replaced, but is...
  7. AfroJoJo

old bathtub drain way too corroded to remove

I had the same problem when installing a new drain on my tub. I had to use a cut-off tool from below and cut it off.
  8. AfroJoJo

Sanitary Tee Question

Ok good, I wasn't sure if the toilet could siphon the trap on the tub.
  9. AfroJoJo

Sanitary Tee Question

In this sanitary tee, it has a 2" opening toward the top. If the lower 4" opening were being used for a toilet, would it interfere with the 2" above it if it wasn't vented? The 2" is a tub drain and it would be the highest thing on that stack. I have attached a pic.
  10. AfroJoJo

Floaters don't flush

AHAHAHA!!! This is the funniest thread I've seen on this forum. I can't tell if you guys are joking or not. This is good stuff.
  11. AfroJoJo

Caulking toilet base

I was originally going to do that, but decided to caulk all the way around. The main reason for this is a toddler aged boy. He gets a lot of water on the floor from the tub next to the toilet, and possibly will be getting urine on the floor around the toilet once he starts standing. If I didn't...
  12. AfroJoJo

Caulking toilet base

I ended up doing what Terry suggested and bought a tube of the clear stuff.
  13. AfroJoJo

Possible P Trap Siphon?

I just wanted a confirmation before I added the AAV. Would this be ok?
  14. AfroJoJo

Caulking toilet base

After much thought and research, I have decided to caulk around the new toilet base. I have these 3 caulking options available. Which one should I go with, or should I go with something else? Is white ok or is clear a better option?
  15. AfroJoJo

Possible P Trap Siphon?

So could I just put in an AAV at the position in this picture? If yes, any particular brand I should go with?
  16. AfroJoJo

Possible P Trap Siphon?

I am having an issue with a sewer gas smell that comes from the washing machine standpipe drain. Everything is fine until you drain full sink of water from the kitchen sink above. I am wondering if the trap gets siphoned when this happens. Do I need a vent somewhere?
  17. AfroJoJo

Plumbers- your preference for tub and shower valves/ faucets

I recently installed a Moen two handle and don't like it either. I bent part of it while tightening the fittings. Not well built at all.
  18. AfroJoJo

Leaky trap

Did you try it without the slip joint washer? I didn't think that connection on the trap required a washer.
  19. AfroJoJo

Cast iron riser to toilet flange

The toilet doesn't move unless you really lean in one direction to tilt it. The floor seems level under it, it's just not held down at all by the closet bolts. I'm probably over thinking everything at this point. I'll just have to wait until I take the old toilet off when I start the project in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks