Search results

1. EIR

Wall mounted toilet, drywall broke

I believe you were referring to my post. I was searching for my old post when I stumbled upon this one. As of today, I am beginning to see the caulking crack on the baseboard next to the toilet. Upon loading/sitting on the toilet I can see a bit of flex in the wall. I'm going to contact...
  2. EIR

Wall Mounted Toilet Moving

Any update on your fix? I posted a thread regarding concerns about my installation around the date of your orginal posting regarding the possibility of point loading the wall finish at the bottom of the toilet with their design. The fact that the manufacturer recommends numerous approved...
  3. EIR

Bath sink with 2" drain hole...where can I find a drain?

Found a vessel sink drain at Lowe's after two real supply houses didn't have squat. It could be another 1/8" to a 1/4" bigger for piece of mind but it covers well enough and was supplied with a gasket designed to go under the drain flange vs plumbers putty or silicone which helped as well...
  4. EIR

Bath sink with 2" drain hole...where can I find a drain?

I should know better. Bought a wall hung odd ball vanity online a long time ago. Just getting around to finishing the bathroom. I went to drop a Delta 559lf-mpu facuet in it and the drain hole (just shy of 2") damn near swallowed the delta 2 1/8" drain flange. I never opened the sink prior so...
  5. EIR

Geberit wall carrier: couple of questions

I should have looked harder still it before committing. My concern isn't that it's going to fall off the wall. My concern is over time that drywall will eventually be damaged. Then without it the bowl will rock further down, possibly moving the drain pipe, contorting the epdm seal of the...
  6. EIR

Terry I referenced that video during the installation several times. If you read the included paper instructions it references in the very beginning of what wall finish materials are acceptable...
  7. EIR

Followed them to a t. However I've been in the construction industry long enough to see and know just how soft and delicate drywall is. It really is inferior to other wall cladding outside of initial cost (material alone). I was considering making some sort of backer plate out of a thin gauge...
  8. EIR

Installed one of these in our bathroom. Followed the paper and online video to a tee. I have concerns about long term durability of the physical toilet and the wall surface. The manual that came with stated cement board, gypsum board, etc were approved substrates. After mounting my toilet...
  9. EIR

Using abandoned chimney as plumbing chase for vent?

I can't get rid of it at the moment. Roof has another good 10 years on it. Previous owners had it done not long before I bought it. If I rip the chimney out I'd have to patch the hole. (Sheathing, paper, shingles). There are no left over shingles by the previous owner so I'd have to have it...
  10. EIR

It's a single story home. From where it goes into the base of the chimney inside the mechanical room to where it exits the top is roughly 7ft. Can support it at the top numerous ways (coupling glued on over the pipe penetrating a piece of metal or plywood, split ring clamp attached to to...
  11. EIR

Moving water supply lines for shower near external wall

I don't follow . Are you building a new wall cavity parallel but 12"ish in of the existing exterior wall? A drawing or sketch helps. Typically, with a traditional wood framed wall (outside to inside...plywood sheathing, 2x4 with batt insulation than wall covering) even with pipe insulation...
  12. EIR

I can't find a definitive answer. Can one use an abandoned (zero other appliances be it gas, wood, etc) cinder block chimney with Terra Cotta flu as a chase for a PVC vent for a drain? If so, can the vent merely stick out past the top of the chimney masonry but inside the existing vented rain...
  13. EIR

Valves for twin tank (parallel) filter installations?

Does kdf and carbon require different riser tubes/diffusion baskets. I'm not sure what they are called in the industry. I see recommendations for bed depths in the media manufacturers PDF documents. Does the width of the tank affect the media bed depth requirement? (I see the spec as "bed...
  14. EIR

I've emailed around. I had several vendors tell me several days ago they would get me a quote the next day. I haven't heard from anyone and need to move on with this. I am fairly certain I want kdf in front of my carbon to knock down the chlorine and possible heavy metals(we do have some on...
  15. EIR

I see a lot of valves marketed for twin tank alternating water softeners. The question is, do these valves or any valve allow two media tanks to operate in parallel but backwash independently? (I realize during backwashing that both tanks would be unavailable ). If not do you think I'd be...
  16. EIR

Standpipe/p trap in crawlspace

Ive decided to plumb a drain into the currently unheated mechanical room (house is on a block crawlspace whose mudsill is 12" above grade.. The old mechanical room is essentially on grade). After thinking about it I'll use some no hub cast iron to plumb the stand pipe and possibly a utility...
  17. EIR

Non washer standpipe? Same restrictions as washer standpipe?

Poorly worded question. Does a standpipe intended for non washing machine purposes have to conform to the restrictions placed on a washing machine standpipe? This is intended for dedicated indirect backwash and condensate disposal. Washing machine has its own dedicated stand pipe else where in...
  18. EIR

Dumb question: will a lateral vent prevent a backup event inside the home?

I have what I believe is a lateral vent at grade in my front yard. Public sewage. It's open to atmosphere (metal mushroom type cover). It's about 6 feet from the foundation. If I were to experience a clog between the main and lower part of the lateral before the vent or a clogged main in the...
  19. EIR

Drain size for kdf and carbon back washing filters

I haven't been contacted yet by your guy. What's your view on this. Looking for 4-5gpm service flow. 8x35 kdf tank Two 10x35 or 10x40 gac in parallel I am considering an anti scaling media before the hot water heater. Do any of them work? I wouldn't mind trying the polyphosphate filters...
  20. EIR

Drain size for kdf and carbon back washing filters

Thanks for the response. I see that I wasn't understanding the true capacity of gravity drains (green column). I also discovered various air gap fittings to facilitate a clean install.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks