Bath sink with 2" drain hole...where can I find a drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

EIR

Reaction score
I should know better. Bought a wall hung odd ball vanity online a long time ago.

Just getting around to finishing the bathroom.

I went to drop a Delta 559lf-mpu facuet in it and the drain hole (just shy of 2") damn near swallowed the delta 2 1/8" drain flange. I never opened the sink prior so never gave it much thought. It had no info or paperwork in the shipping boxes.

My sneaking suspicion now is that there is no delta pop up assembly compatible with my faucet that has a larger drain flange.

Something has me thinking I need some weird vessel sink drain (it's a porcelain sink with overflow that sits on top of the wall hung vanity so maybe it is considered a vessel?)

That also means I'll need to buy my faucet in a Delta -less pop up version to eliminate the now useless pop up lever on the faucet.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

EIR

Reaction score
Found a vessel sink drain at Lowe's after two real supply houses didn't have squat.

It could be another 1/8" to a 1/4" bigger for piece of mind but it covers well enough and was supplied with a gasket designed to go under the drain flange vs plumbers putty or silicone which helped as well.

I'll eventually order the facuet in pop up less to get rid of the now useless pop up handle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks