Search results

1. TommyH83

Forgot to shut off valve to sprinklers

Hi All, This fall I removed my sprinkler backflow valve, blew out all the water, but forgot to close the valve in my basement to the sprinkler system. I realized that today. When I reinstalled backflow and turned on the valve I noticed the piece right before the backflow valve cracked/burst. I...
  2. TommyH83

Toilet rotated/rocked during leveling - need new wax ring?

I was afraid that would be the suggestion :-( If the seal was compromised due to the movement - would the water leak only under the toilet into the bathroom? Or is it possible a bad wax seal will leak to the ceiling below? Nothing has leaked onto the bathroom floor itself as of now.
  3. TommyH83

Toilet rotated/rocked during leveling - need new wax ring?

Hi All, I just installed an American Standard Optum VorMax last night. I followed the directions which didn't mention anything about putting the toilet down without the wax ring in place first to test for wobbling/rocking - so I put the wax on, and hand tightened the plastic nuts. When I sat...
  4. TommyH83

Small dent (cut?) in copper

The smaller 1/2" pipe which goes up to the shower head has red writing it. On That pipe it looks more like a dent and there is no shiny copper showing. The larger (1"?) hot water supply line does not have red writing on it. On that pipe, I can see a very small amount of shiny copper. I've...
  5. TommyH83

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try over the next week or so and post pics when done.
  6. TommyH83

Thanks for the replies I'd be willing to cut the small pieces out and put couplings - but my concern is how close they are to other joints. In the process of soldering in the new couplings, wouldn't I also be heating up the surrounding joints which would melt that solder and potentially...
  7. TommyH83

Hi All, I recently had my shower valve replaced by a plumber. To save them some time I had cut the drywall behind the valve and also removed part of a wall stud which would've been in the way. While cutting the stud I wasn't careful enough and hit the copper in 2 places causing small dents...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks