Search results

1. Fun2Learn

Bathroom sink faucets: ceramic cartridge vs. washerless cartridge;PVD nickel vs regular

I actually found the exact part number on their spec sheets. Here is a link, in case any one is curious: http://www.kingstonbrass.com/product_p/kbrp101c.htm It looks like plastic with two rubber washers and a brass stem. Is it worth it to pay more for a ceramic cartridge?
  2. Fun2Learn

Bathroom sink faucets: ceramic cartridge vs. washerless cartridge;PVD nickel vs regular

This particular model isn't carried in stores. I did post a question about it online, but so far, no answers! Thanks for the tip.
  3. Fun2Learn

Hello everyone. I need some advice regarding bathroom sink faucets. Basically, I would love feedback from you experienced plumbers (and plumbing enthusiasts!) about ceramic cartridges vs. washerless cartridges for lavatory faucets, as well as about PVD nickel finishes (over brass and/or other...
  4. Fun2Learn

Help! Broken flange that was resting on crumbling mortar, bolt down drain!!

We still haven't installed the toilet yet. I bought one of those gadgets designed to retrieve things that fall down sink drains and was able to get the wax chunk out. However, we can't see the bolt and couldn't get it using the gadget, which has a retractable claw. I will try the duct tape idea...
  5. Fun2Learn

Thanks, Reach4 ! I found the Danco one on Home Depot's website and read through the questions and answers and watched the video. It looks like it might just do the trick! Thanks so much. Now about the bolt and wax in the pipe--any suggestions? Thanks.
  6. Fun2Learn

Hi everyone. My dear husband removed one of our upstairs toilets that was rocking and had a slow leak (evidenced by staining of adjacent grout lines and ceiling below!) The plastic toilet flange was resting above the finished ceramic tile floor and was broken. The flange appears to be resting on...
  7. Fun2Learn

Is it the toilet or the drain/vent causing the constant clogging?

I didn't mean we were doing anything to the plumbing-- I was just wondering if our long plumbing run was to blame for our perpetual toilet clogging problem!
  8. Fun2Learn

Wow! 1 1/2" diameter?! Yikes! Good to know that our drain system is to code and isn't the issue. I appreciate your time in responding. I can't wait to put away that plunger! Thanks again!
  9. Fun2Learn

Thank you so much for the advice and explanations. I am still wondering if a 5' horizontal run, including a 90 degree horizontal turn, under the toilet to the drain stack is poor plumbing design or not. Is it pretty typical? Will this kind of long horizontal run create clogs with a poorly...
  10. Fun2Learn

I just now called Glacier Bay for the heck of it, (my motto is "leave no stone unturned") and asked about the water surface area (since it wasn't on any of the spec sheets on the HD website) and they said it was 8" x 6", which does sound pretty small. (American Standard Cadet and Champion say...
  11. Fun2Learn

Thanks, Terry--so you don't think that a 5 foot horizontal run with a 90 degree horizontal bend in it is going to be "too much" for a typical newer Kohler or Cadet 3 (or Toto, of course)? That is good news--I really didn't want to spend $200 for another toilet right now, but would if it is the...
  12. Fun2Learn

If only one toilet out of three in the house clogs constantly, and always has been the "problem child" for the 20 years we have lived here, should I assume it has a poorly designed drain and or vent system? Would a newer toilet with a powerful flushing system help overcome bad plumbing design...
  13. Fun2Learn

Thanks for all your help selecting a toilet!

Thanks for all your help selecting a toilet. I have been "geeking out" over toilets this past month---I never realized how complicated selecting a toilet has gotten since the newer low gpf requirements, and the chair-height vs standard vs round vs elongated options have become so prevalent!! I...
  14. Fun2Learn

Toto Drake 1.6 vs Toto Drake 1.28 vs. Toto Entrada (vs. AS Champion 4 max?)

BTW--I was originally thinking about the Glacier Bay or Lowes Aquasource, because the are so cheap, but there were enough bad reviews on the Glacier Bay to scare me, and the Aquasource only comes in elongated and comfort height (too big for my little bathroom!) Plus, I think potential home...
  15. Fun2Learn

Ahh- and it probably saved American Standard a whole $2.00 to use the steel vs brass bolts, LOL! What about the systems, like Kohler advertises, where the bolts are on the outside bottom of the tank and don't go through the tank? (I just gotta wonder though, why wouldn't everybody use that if...
  16. Fun2Learn

Thank so much, Wise One! Thanks for explaining about the glazed trap and the differences between toilets! I will call around on Monday to find supply houses that carry Toto. I don't mind the looks of the Entrada, and like the fact that it might make my smaller bathroom look bigger, but since we...
  17. Fun2Learn

oops- I just realized that not all Toto Drakes with 1.28 gallon flushes are called Eco drakes. Is the difference just that the Eco Drakes have the "comfort height" seat?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks