Search results

1. scoobs

position of tub filler relative to claw foot tub

Jim, Thanks very much for the reply - drain seems as good a target as any. And thanks for the heads up on the min height code - I will make a note on my drawings to make sure... Even though I plumbed the last few bathrooms (small) all by my lonesome :), this one is so much bigger and has so...
  2. scoobs

position of tub filler relative to claw foot tub

Howdy all, I'm wondering if there's a standard depth to placing a tub filler relative to the tub. Should the spout be directly over the drain in the tub? I'm doing a wall-mounted tub filler over a claw foot tub. The depth of the tub filler from the wall will be between 7" and 8 1/4" (from...
  3. scoobs

ok to increase number of turns in gal steel supply?

Bob NH, Thanks for your comments. What you and jadnashua have suggested seems to make a lot of sense. This is no time to get lazy on my part! In this case, I can easily make the connections to gal steel in an accessible place with new 1/2" copper to the shower. Also, always having worked...
  4. scoobs

Jim, Thanks for the reply. This is something I considered originally (replacing all with copper), but in trying to get away with the least amount of work, came back to just working with the existing gal steel which is throughout the house. Then your post.... Do you think it is better...
  5. scoobs

Terry, Thanks for the quick reply. You have fostered a great resource here with this forum - I have found it VERY helpful! REMEMBER THE ALAMO! :)
  6. scoobs

Hello, The plumbing I have done to date has always been to replace what is existing until my current project where I need to re-center the shower mixer and head on the wall. I think the reason it was done like this originally (off-center in the shower) is because they didn't want the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks