Search results

1. zuren

Assessing/rebuilding an iron filter?

I'm trying to figure out if I can breath life into our iron filter, or if I'm at the mercy of the local water treatment company... We had an air induction iron filter (Clack WS1) installed in 2016 and a new softener in early 2021. Between 2016 and now, we've had the company out for various...
  2. zuren

20 lb. LPG (grill) tank to 1/2" NPT?

I found another thread asking the same question a number of years ago, but wanted to make sure I'm understanding correctly...(old thread here) My neighbor handed me a forced air 75000 BTU gas garage heater that wasn't running correctly. He said it would fire, run for a bit, then shut down. To...
  3. zuren

Time delay fan switch for bathroom?

I have a household of forgetful/highly distracted people. I'm finding 2 situations with our bathroom fans: 1. Fan being left ON all the time (eg, someone uses the toilet then steps out leaving the fan running OR less common, leaves the fan running after a shower) 2. Fan not being run long...
  4. zuren

Make-up air?

I am researching what I feel is the issue and was hoping to get some guidance from the community here... Over the past couple years, I've been making strides with making our 1979 ranch home (with walkout basement) more comfortable and efficient. Weatherstripping around doors was poor and I...
  5. zuren

Anyone using/install an Air Scrubber Plus?

I have another post in this forum about radiant heating. The reason for that post is that the forced air heat in our home is problematic for my wife. She suffers from allergies and is fairly sensitive to smells, the winter months with forced air and closed windows is pretty brutal. We also...
  6. zuren

Understanding hydronic radiant heat, and a potential retrofit?

The wife has some concerns about the exhaust odor coming from our natural gas, forced air furnace. You smell nothing inside, but outside the exhaust has an odor. I grew up around propane and older natural gas furnaces and feel the odor is somewhat normal for a mid-1990s gas furnace, but we are...
  7. zuren

Fixing minor leaks around pressure tank connections?

I had a water emergency on Sunday where one of the connections coming out of my pressure tank failed. In the 1st pic you can see that everything was pretty corroded, the valve to the house supply would not fully close, and the pressure gauge hasn't worked since we moved in 2 years ago. The...
  8. zuren

Ordering a Toto from a big box store?

Hello everyone! This is my first post... My wife and I bought a house that needs some updates. Considering our cash reserves are low and my ability to DIY is high, I think I will be spending a lot of time at this site. I'm looking to replace the 1970s toilet in our master bath; it uses a ton...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks