Search results

1. adayrider

Best way to go from 1" bypass to 3/4 pex

Will FIP work on the plastic? http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-in-FIP-x-3-4-in-Brass-Push-to-Connect-Water-Softener-Connector-U086LFA/204830711
  2. adayrider

Update- Hatch 5b seems to work just fine on hot and cold water. I drained 1 tank and it brought my hot water down to 4 - 5 and then 2 after a days use. Thanks alot guys
  3. adayrider

I can't say I'm in that big of a hurry. I take it from your response that the hatch works on hot water. I think I will test again the morning and see if I make any progress . How do you recommend flushing?
  4. adayrider

Thanks alot dittohead, I did not relise I could buy the connectors like that. Can someone tell me if the hatch 5b test works on hot water? I tested my water and cold turns blue in 1 drop. So since I have 105 gallons of hot water thought I would test it after our showers this morning, and it...
  5. adayrider

Title says it all. My new 7000 sxt bypass is 1" male and my plumbing is 3/4 pex, so what fitting would work best with as little restriction and such.
  6. adayrider

I received my water test, what does it mean?

I like this Idea. Even if you buy it in 1/2cuft I would need to buy 3 and that is money wasted on the 3rd bag that I would only use half of it. I plan to use as is till I get softner up going anyhow. Thanks alot for all the people, much appreciated
  7. adayrider

I'm sorry, Yes Sir that is the wires I crossed, I thought the greensand was a pot/perm and I guess it is not. I was surprised at how low the iron was in the test. The sulfur smell is pretty bad though and the greensand takes it out for whatever reason though. So sense I already have it I might...
  8. adayrider

Reach4 Once again NO I did not take sample after greensand. I took sample from the Brass Tank Tee (official Home Depot name). Pipe from well comes through wall into the Brass Tank Tee that houses a pressure guage, pump switch and 2 faucets and some kind of spring loaded faucet with no handle...
  9. adayrider

Excellent Thanks alot everyone. Bannerman, Perfect explanation, thank you. When we moved in 4 months ago it was real bad the first week so I turned the water heater all the way up (150 is highest setting). After another week it did get better but did not go away and noticed some rust color in...
  10. adayrider

Hold on here, I think I got my wires crossed. I have a greensand that has a 2 maybe 3 gallon tank that I put potassium in with a fleck 2500 on a 10-47 tank on timer. It takes all iron out of the water(no rust stains in toilets) and it takes the sulfur smell out of the water. I brought it over...
  11. adayrider

No Sir, the sample was from the brass T coming out of the basement wall straight from the well. Before the bladder tank and pot/pern. I did forget to sterilize the spigot though. Would 10% crosslink resin be the stuff I want or 8% or something else? And does .03 ml/g in iron require a pot/perm...
  12. adayrider

there we go. Ok, 3 people live here, 2 full baths, and the usual appliances no super showers or big tubs. Everything is new- pump, well, house, everything. I have an old fleck 9000 from old house about 15 years old but only thing worth keeping is the valve body and tanks. rebuilding it seems to...
  13. adayrider

I can't figure out how to post it. Says its to big of a file.
  14. adayrider

Water softener flexible connections

Loops alot easier then copper and is not as rigid. It does 90's fairly easy if given enough room. He says he adjusted the height (not sure how much) and was thinking about turning the softner 90 and posibly moving it over a little. It is alot less money than SS and fairly easy to work with...
  15. adayrider

Fleck 7000 sxt

Is regeneration scheduled at night even if it is metered? So do I need to know what pump I have? Or is there a test I can run to determine the output of pump. Or both? The well is 250 ft. This will be used for softner.
  16. adayrider

Fleck 7000 sxt

What info do I need, or procedure do I need to perfom to determine if my pump, well, tank ect. can flow enough to support a fleck 7000 valve? My house is plumbed with 3/4 pex but it would not be hard to go 1" from the tank T to fleck valve. Everything is brand new 4 months ago (well, pump...
  17. adayrider

Water softener flexible connections

What about using some PEX either in a loop or not.
  18. adayrider

Obama made me do it!

So did you buy your ws125ee locally, Mr General Amstrong Custer Byteme ?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks