Search results

1. Mark Olenick

Sweat, braze, pex, ????

Hello All I am hoping for some education / guidance in the area of hydraulic crimpers for use with Viega copper and other fittings. Are there any forums here that discuss the various crimp styles (circular vs hex vs??), which ones seem to be leading the pack Milwaukee, Hilti, Rigid? Thoughts...
  2. Mark Olenick

Boiler - Doesn't need to be AI

Hello plumbing friends and experts! Years ago I was stupid enough to install Peerless Pinnacle boilers based on eff hype. . I installed one for a neighbor, (who is still my friend.. LOL) OK so his is craping out again and has asked for a plain jane no major technology replacement (Im...
  3. Mark Olenick

Shallow well pump supply / pressure issue

First off - Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Problem: Low to no water pressure Pump/tank : Newer 2 line shallow well system Countryline CL520. Installed by previous owner 2017 Lines go out from doublewide under mobile home and then to well somewhere in the front yard Outside situation I've...
  4. Mark Olenick

Emergency lights in bathroom

Hi - Will be installing emergency exit lights in M/L public bathroom. Can't seem to find requirement in code. Looking for any input on placement. Over door point in or against opposite wall point out. Room is square. Thanks
  5. Mark Olenick

MADERA™ 15" HEIGHT 1.6 GPF FLUSHOMETER TOILET SYSTEM

Just wanted to see iv anyone out there installed this or similar. Thoughts. Were private water (well) and have working pressure 50~70. Also has a 1 in supply line but I'm assuming I can plumb into 1/2 in pex after transition or should be it 3/4. Any other thoughts appreciated
  6. Mark Olenick

Nat. gas boiler considerations

Hello all, Have posted a few times in other areas of this forum but first time here. While not in the trades I've done a bit residential maintenance and a few installs for friends, family etc. I've also had the opportunity to work along side some really good techs. OK that being said my...
  7. Mark Olenick

Waterless urinal venting

OK so I want to start a discussion here. I have decided to install a waterless urinal (brand withheld) based on the typical configuration. See Sloan or others for detail . Do they need to be vented? Now, I am not looking to decide one way or the other as I will be venting mine. However...
  8. Mark Olenick

DWV exposure

Hello All, I'm plumbing a bathroom and utility room in my building. It will be used as part of our residence. It is an old (1870's) commercial building. As part of the DWV install we'd like to keep some of it and the water lines exposed. IE: Outside the wall and floor cavity. Still follow...
  9. Mark Olenick

Sloan Waterless WES 5000

Hello, Considering installing a Sloan waterless urinal in store bathroom. Looking for some feedback 1.) Anyone used them. Do they work? Any good? 2.) This is a single person bathroom with ADA toilet as well. Thoughts on making urinal ADA height vs non? I'm in the camp of making it...
  10. Mark Olenick

Bathroom exhaust

Hi DIYer here. I've checked the code compliance book I have and could not find the answer so I'm hoping a professional can provide some guidance. Residential bathroom exhaust. 4 inch vent. Based on install conditions, without going into tremendous detail, I'd like to use schedule 40...
  11. Mark Olenick

Pressure test for DWV line

Hi again, Been searching but can't seem to find consensus on amount of air pressure required when testing DWV line. Looking for a min / max range. Thanks Mark
  12. Mark Olenick

Wiring considerations

Hello all, So I have a mixed use building. Ground floor Mercantile, 2nd story Residential. When considering wiring I'm really thinking just running 12/2 (or better as required) and skipping 14/2 all together (except for interconnect smoke/fire detectors). Other than increase cost for...
  13. Mark Olenick

PEX ball valves - Lead vs. Lead Free

OK so was searching for some 1/2 in PEX ball valves online since I'm looking to purchase 20+. During my search came across some that seemed lets say "too reasonable" Reading the fine print they said "only for hot water system use, not lead free". Since this is the first time I've run...
  14. Mark Olenick

Bonding question on 200A load center

Hello all, Just purchased a residence that has a new(er) EATON 200 Amp load center with main breaker. When I inspected the panel I noticed the neutrals and grounds were bonded on the opposite sides (Grounds connected to bar with neutral lug and neutrals connected to bar with ground wire lug)...
  15. Mark Olenick

Options for slop sink in commerical kitchen

Hello all, Thanks for the help (in advance). New DIY'r in this area looking for options if possible for a slop or floor type sink to be located in a commercial kitchen area. Located in NW PA borough that follows UPC 2009 code. OK the problem is that the location for the cleaning / slop...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks