DWV exposure

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Olenick

I've got a good memory. It's just short ;-/
Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm plumbing a bathroom and utility room in my building. It will be used as part of our residence. It is an old (1870's) commercial building. As part of the DWV install we'd like to keep some of it and the water lines exposed. IE: Outside the wall and floor cavity. Still follow all the DWV codes just some of it will be exposed.

Any issues here, other than the obvious of being able to see it and potential for damage?

Thanks
Mark

UptoCode

Reaction score
It's hard to tell people about codes because they vary from state to state, city, county , municipality, sometimes even certain buildings can have specific codes.
With that being said, having drain/water lines exposed is ok probably in most areas.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks