Search results

1. Plumbs Away

Here's a Must Have for Every Well-Dressed Plumber

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE-1960S-SHANDELMAN-GERBER-TOILET-CUFFLINKS-/361316903589?hash=item54202a6aa5:g:Ww0AAOSwrklVdybw
  2. Plumbs Away

Staying on Topic

God forbid I should ever be critical, but .... It is my observation that MOST people come here for helpful advice and information. Without calling out specific posters, we have a mathematician, an engineer and a Toto salesman who consistently stray way off, causing additional posts to the...
  3. Plumbs Away

Cast Iron to PVC Drain

I am removing all of the old 4-inch cast iron sewer pipe in my house and replacing with PVC. Is 3-inch PVC adequate, or should I keep it at 4? I have a kitchen sink, dishwasher, clothes washer and two bathrooms. Thanks in advance!
  4. Plumbs Away

New Old Stock Kohler Wellworth, Fresh Green

About 10 years ago, I found a brand new, still in the box, 1980 Kohler Wellworth elongated in Fresh Green which, of course, I had to have. I also ordered an expensive Bemis plastic seat to match. Until now, I was never able to put it into service. I recently moved into a home built in 1968...
  5. Plumbs Away

Household Water Pressure Issue

I've recently purchased a new-to-me home, built in 1968. The fresh water lines are galvanized from the street to the house and copper in the house. When I flush a toilet or use the clothes washer, the water pressure at any other location in the house is reduced to a trickle. I know some...
  6. Plumbs Away

(Hopefully) Helpful Hints

I have been touting the Sani Seal as the latest best thing, but have encountered an issue. About six months ago, I reset a bowl for a friend using the Sani Seal. The friend I did the work for recently decided to tile the bathroom floor. When I pulled the toilet, the Sani Seal had, in the...
  7. Plumbs Away

Unprofessional Plumber

LOL!!!
  8. Plumbs Away

Double Cyclone Question

Is there a noticeable difference in the flushing performance when comparing the Drake II, Supreme II and Ultramax II? I'd also appreciate it if someone would post photos of the inside of the tank. Thanks!
  9. Plumbs Away

Interested in various opinions -- Pro Plumber and Consumer

Around 1977 when 3.5 GPF was federally enforced for new toilets sold in the US, American Standard, Gerber and Kohler rose to the challenge and their Cadet*, Mount Vernon and Wellworth, respectively, didn't miss a beat. Fast-forward 15 years or so to the 1.6 GPF mandate, and the Big Three failed...
  10. Plumbs Away

My New Toilets

I just replaced my three toilets and decided to go with a variety. I am pleasantly pleased with all three. I got the American Standard Champion 4 one-piece right-height elongated, the American Standard Vormax Optum, also right-height and elongated, and the AquaSource $99 comfort height...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks