Search results

1. kktalker

Sorting out 3-way switch wiring

I have six circuits, three controlled by 3-way switches and three controlled by single switches: Location 1 (one whip): 1) 7 kitchen can lights (3-way) 2) 3 island pendants (3-way) 3) 2 dining chandeliers (3-way) Location 2 (two whips): 1) 7 kitchen can lights (3-way) 2) 3 island pendants...
  2. kktalker

Cleanout Behind Oven

I'm doing a gut-out remodel of my kitchen and find that the undercounter wall oven is slated to be placed over an existing cleanout. The cleanout is at the base of a vent stack previously used to serve the kitchen's main sink and dishwasher (in an island). The vent stack will now only serve an...
  3. kktalker

Romex in conduit to island

As part of our kitchen renovation, we are rearranging our kitchen island to have, from left to right, a dishwasher, sink, second dishwasher, cabinet, and icemaker. The polite version of the story is that the electrician who started this work was not chosen by me, was not instructed by me, and...
  4. kktalker

Water supply stub out behind dishwasher?

As part of our kitchen renovation, we are rearranging our kitchen island to have, from left to right, a dishwasher, sink, second dishwasher, cabinet, and icemaker. The plumber located the hot and cold supply lines coming out of the slab as shown in the diagram by the red and blue circles, behind...
  5. kktalker

Correcting Exposed Direct Burial Splices

I recently bought a foreclosure that had been vacant for 2-3 years. The property is gated with a series of post lights along the wall at the front of the property. At either end of the front wall, gray direct burial cable for these post lights surfaces; 5-6 cables are spliced together into...
  6. kktalker

Where to buy Big Blue *Valve-In-Head* Sediment Prefilter Housing

I'm looking to install a couple of "big blue" sediment prefilters (that take the standard 4.5x10 cartridges) in series. I'm looking for the valve-in-head housings that allow bypass while changing the filters. For some reason, finding a place to buy these online is harder than it should be (the...
  7. kktalker

Vacant well failed quality test, when to retest?

We purchased a home at auction and the water quality test came back with high arsenic and iron. The property has been vacant for about 2.5 years. Before the purchase, my husband ran the water at the kitchen faucet for about 10 minutes before taking the sample (since we did not yet own the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks