Search results

1. Spider

Toilet drain

I have a toilet drain that has 3 x 3" 90 degree bends back to back. The other toilets in the house have the same number of bends, but more spread out. Can anyone tell me if this a code violation in Ohio? Thanks in advance.
  2. Spider

New toilet drain tie in location

I'm adding a toilet to what is currently a laundry room and I'm trying to figure out where to tie in the drain line. Can I add a long turn wye into a current toilet drain (red dot in pictures), or do I need to replace where the sink wye's in with a double wye (blue dot in pictures) to prevent...
  3. Spider

4" inside offset toilet flange that fits completely inside closet bend?

I'm finishing my basement, passed my rough plumbing inspection, and have redone the concrete and built the wet wall. I have a 4X3 Closet Bend with a spigot x hub sticking up out of the concrete and I've realized that it's centered 12" away from the unfinished stud wall. I've been looking for...
  4. Spider

Homemade Pipe Plug to Test New DWV

I'm installing a basement bathroom and plan to fill the new piping with water to test. I plan on gluing caps on the drains to be cut off after testing and filling the vent with a hose on the roof. I know you can find test ball plugs for as low as $20 some places, but I'm doing this on a...
  5. Spider

Am I laying this full bath out right

I'm getting ready to put a full bath in the basement and want to double check my drain plumbing layout before busting up the concrete, so I'd appreciate any advice. I've attached the overhead view of my floor plan and a crude isometric of the plumbing. I'm wondering if the line between the...
  6. Spider

Cleanout Required in Vent Portion of DWV?

This seems like a stupid question, but do the change in direction rules for cleanouts apply to the dry/vent section of a DWV system? I'm adding a full bath to my basement and will be running a new 2" vent line all the way to the attic where it will tie into the existing DWV stack which exits...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks