Cleanout Required in Vent Portion of DWV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Spider

Reaction score
This seems like a stupid question, but do the change in direction rules for cleanouts apply to the dry/vent section of a DWV system? I'm adding a full bath to my basement and will be running a new 2" vent line all the way to the attic where it will tie into the existing DWV stack which exits the roof. I plan on doing a cleanout for the DW piping, but not for the Vent, which will require 2, 45s and 2, 90s to snake through the walls and make it's connection in the attic. Thanks.

Spider

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answer. Are you referring to the flood level of the basement fixtures or the connection point in the attic?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Are you referring to the flood level of the basement fixtures or the connection point in the attic

ALL fixtures, regardless of which floor they are on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks