Toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Spider

Reaction score
I have a toilet drain that has 3 x 3" 90 degree bends back to back. The other toilets in the house have the same number of bends, but more spread out. Can anyone tell me if this a code violation in Ohio? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200815_072101.jpg
    20200815_072101.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 208

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
What a mess.
The toilet could have dropped straight down and the "vent" could have wyed off just past it and gotten back with a single 45. Instead they added two 90 changes of direction to the toilet. Someone doesn't know how to lay out plumbing.

That would not have passed where I plumb.

Spider

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. The toilet was added much after the rest of the plumbing and snaked arround to avoid redoing the original drains. We're now moving and I'm afraid this will be an issue for the home inspection. I've been thinking about moving these around to get a straight line down for the toilet. I appreciate the advice.

Spider

Reaction score
Just finished gluing everything back up. I know, still not perfect, but much better I think. Thanks again for the advice.

Attachments

• 20200816_115757.jpg
    20200816_115757.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 213
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks