Search results

1. Indigo

Weil-McLain WM97+ - Leaking Clean Water from Internal Expansion Tank

Title says it all -- ~6 year old WM97+ with the domestic hot water kit add-on. Operation appears to be normal except that it's started leaking a pretty healthy amount of water from the internal expansion tank. What has me quite confused is that it's crystal clear water -- this is in a house...
  2. Indigo

Main Water Line Basement Entrance - Does this look OK?

I've attached a picture of where my main municipal water line enters my basement through the floor. I don't have any problems with it, but until recently the hole was sealed by some packed in rags covered in spray foam... this was not great to look at so I figured I would investigate. I believe...
  3. Indigo

WeilMcLain WM97+ - Temp Rise Too Quickly Lockout

Hello - had a WM97+ installed this past fall along with its paired AquaLogic DHW indirect heater. Issue I am having is that when transitioning from making dhw to then heating the house (single zone) it is locking out with return water registering as hotter than supply water. This issue seems...
  4. Indigo

Nat. Gas Boiler Selection

Looking to replace a ~30 year old boiler with a new one with domestic hot water. Caveat: has to be a direct vent unit as I would otherwise need to reline the chimney. I've gotten bids on the following units -- the pricing for all has come in around the same +/- 1) Weil-McLain ECO with a 45...
  5. Indigo

Attic Insulation with a new roof

No idea if anyone here is an attic insulation/ roofing expert... but I figure it's worth a shot :D Ok, here's the current situation: 1920s house with a steep slate roof. The attic (3rd floor) is finished with knee walls. There is no roof venting. The knee walls are uninsulated. There is...
  6. Indigo

Which type of gas water heater tank makes the most sense (venting related question)

Ok, this is kind of complicated, but try to bear with me. I've got an old house, built in in the 1920s and it has 2 chimneys. Presently, 1 vents the boiler and 1 vents the hot water heater. Both are atmospheric vents, both appliances are in the basement. However, as part of replacing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks