Search results

1. DIYER39

Relocate sediment trap BEFORE flex gas line

I hope everyone is healthy and staying safe out there. I recently installed a new water heater exactly as the old one was installed by a plumbing company. Everything went smoothly. Shortly after, I learned about new code (2016) that requires the sediment trap to be installed before the flex...
  2. DIYER39

Oatey washer shut off valve

Oatey hot valve does not shut off anymore and I would like to replace it. I do not know if it unscrews or is sweated on under the wall box. Nut on the bottom appears to just secure the valve to the plastic box, but I could be wrong. Do plumbers usually have to cut out the whole box just to...
  3. DIYER39

Anode rod under hot outlet? Ao Smith GVR 50 300

I just want to be sure before I start taking things apart. Tank is about 3 years old and I guess I'm suppose to check the rod. The manual online did not seem to match my setup. I have included a couple of pictures. I was removing the plastic cap on the edge of the tank but decided to stop...
  4. DIYER39

Alternative for hose bib vacuum breaker noise

I recently installed hose bib vacuum breakers that I bought from my local home improvement store for $5. They create a ton of noise in the pipes when using the spray nozzles. It even sounds like the pipes shake a little inside the wall. I also dont know if that noise causes wear and tear on...
  5. DIYER39

Help Replacing 1" Main Water Shut Off Valve

First let me say that if I am posting this in the wrong area please let me know and I will be more than happy to move. I would appreciate some guidance on the easiest way to replace my shut off valve. It does not work and it seems to be rusting pretty bad. I've attached some pictures of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks