Search results

1. wbnethery3

Best hose for AC main drain to sink

We have two AC units which are each plumbed to drain into the top side of pee traps in bathroom sinks. I don’t have pics to show, but it’s a pretty standard installation from what I can tell looking for answers online. A hose with worm gear clamps on each end connects the main drain PVC pipe...
  2. wbnethery3

Moen mini-wide-spread sink faucet questions

Hey guys, We have a 12-year-old house that has Moen Kingsley and Monticello 2-handle sink faucets installed throughout. I just recently noticed that the assembly was loose at my sink in the master bath, and investigated to see how hard it would be to tighten it back up. I was shocked to find...
  3. wbnethery3

Closet flange positioning relative to finished floor

I have a two-story house that is 10 years old. Over the holidays one of the toilets upstairs leaked into the ceiling above our bedroom. When I removed it, I found the original flange was quite rusty. We had seen a wet spot on the ceiling sometime last year, but it never got worse. I (mistakenly)...
  4. wbnethery3

Whose idea was this FlowTite valve?

Had our house built 9 years ago, and this type of valve was used for all our toilets and sinks. I had never seen them before that. Whose bright idea was this anyway? I have recently noticed a slow drip from this one and was going to replace it, but had no idea how to get it off the CPVC...
  5. wbnethery3

Schaefer 20LE05P4 - motor question

Howdy, I have a Schaefer e-series 20 gpm submersible pump in my home septic system. Hopefully even though this says it's a well forum, someone here can give me some good advice. This pump has been installed about 4 years, and it recently quit working. I decided to take it apart to see if there...
  6. wbnethery3

Tear down & rebuild of Schaefer E-series

Folks, I recently had a septic system submersible pump replaced because it was not putting out the flow it should. The pump is a 1/2 hp Schaefer E-series 20 gpm. I just spent a solid hour looking online (including this forum) to see if I could find a "how to" for rebuilding the pump. Would...
  7. wbnethery3

Problems with Wellmate SP-series pressure tanks?

Folks, In a different thread I posted a problem I had which was ultimately caused by failure of our pressure tank. We had a Pentair Wellmate SP-series tank which failed after 5.5 years, and only had a 5 year manufacturer's warranty. Just wondered if there were others who have any information...
  8. wbnethery3

Off-color well water

I have spent a lot of time searching online and found this forum to be among the best at providing answers to questions without fussing about "search the forum first". I have searched forums and cannot seem to see any situations that directly correspond to mine, but that may be a failure of my...
  9. wbnethery3

How do I loosen (but not lose) the well seal?

Thanks in advance for answering a newbie's question...I did a search but didn't find an answer to this exact question. I recently rearranged the plumbing around my well, and want to pivot the well seal about 90 degrees in order to accommodate the changed location of the tank. The piping...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks