Search results

1. Mariner

Well water pump line end check valve aarrangement

Hi Guys, Have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be able to help me with. The house end of the well pump plastic (1" diameter ?) inlet water line, has a brass/bronze check valve arrangement on it. From the check vale the water goes to the pressure switch and to the pressure tank...
  2. Mariner

Expansion tanks

Hi, Please bear with me on this as I am not quite clear about the expansion tank issue. First, my water supply is from a well, it comes into the house through a check valve and then into a pressure tank at a tee in the line. The water also goes through filter and softener and then to the...
  3. Mariner

Kenmore Delux Home Drinking Water System

Hi Guys, Don't know if this would be the right forum for my questions - if not, maybe someone could redirect me. Here goes. I bought an older home nealy three years ago and have, what I was told was a RO under sink unit. Well, I haven't used it and the water supply has been switched off...
  4. Mariner

Water heater dip tube length?

Hi, Spent quite a bit of time trying to get a new dip tube today and everything I saw was just 26" long or so. I have a 175 litre or 45 imperial gallon water heater and would like to replace the dip tube - I am going to do the drain valve and TP valve as well. I think I might make one out of...
  5. Mariner

State domestic electric water heater

Hi, I have a couple of questions that you plumber types might be able to answer for me. I have to replace the TP valve on my water heater (have it already) and while I have the heater empty I thought I could replace the dip tube, anode rod and instal a better drain valve. I assume the...
  6. Mariner

Clear water iron

Hi, My recently installed toilet is starting to show rust stains even though the water itself appears clear. Checking I have found that this is due to clear water iron. What would be the best solution for this problem. Present water softener is old and, I think, suspect. Is there a filter...
  7. Mariner

Water softener overflowing

I have an older model "Citation" watersoftener (maybe 25 yr old) that has newer internals that sit above the resin container. This morning I went down to the basement to find it overflowing - flooded the room it is in. It was on the purge cycle (I think that is the right term) when this...
  8. Mariner

Septic tank saga

Hi everyone, A few weeks ago I made a post about the septic tank and problems I have been experiencing. So, here is an update for anyone that might be interested and hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes I made. I purchased a property in the country, from an old couple in their mid...
  9. Mariner

Locating septic tank

Hi everyone, I am in a bit of a dilema trying to locate the house septic tank, without digging up all of the yard area. I bought an older home last year and would like to pump out and service the septic tank soon. The previous owners did nothing to their system in all the years they lived...
  10. Mariner

Flooring material for bathroom.

Hi Everyone, I am in the middle of making a new bathroom off of the new master bedroom - I recently moved to this house and want to improve on the setup. I want to utilize a small adjoining room for the project. I have taken up the old carpet to find that the flooring material used is 3/4"...
  11. Mariner

Toilet installation - vent requirements

Hi, I am in the process of turning a spare room into a third bathroom. I have fairly straight foward route for getting rid of toilet waste. However, the soil stack/vent that I would like to connect to is about 25ft away. As I understand, there should be 1/4" drop for each horizontal foot...
  12. Mariner

Inside sewage vent!!!

Hi all, I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I recently purchased a country property with a 40year old house (approx.). It is connected to a septic tank some 25 or 30 yards from the house. I have what looks to be a sewer vent in the garage - furthest part of the house from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks