Search results

1. jfls45

Loud hammer when pump turns on...

For the last week or so I have noticed an intermittent loud hammering in the supply pipe coming from the pump. I can hear it about 30-40 feet away from where the pressure tank is located somewhere up inside the finished basement ceiling. I just installed two strong clamps to hold the pipe in...
  2. jfls45

Shower is great...

I should slap myself on the back, it drains perfect, works great, now on to remodeling the rest of the bathroom... sorry so many of you waisted alot of time armchair code lawyering...
  3. jfls45

Sometimes you just gotta make it work...

Plumb a shower drain into a floor drain that goes into a gray water system. Cutting that terracotta pipe was pretty hard. I tried using a carbide blade on my reciprocating saw with not much progress. I ended up notching the pipe with the air chisel and smoothing it out with a grinding wheel. (I...
  4. jfls45

Basement shower drain help...

I could use some more advice with installing this p-trap... Is there a certain length for the inlet pipe into the p-trap, should it be long enough to hold enough water to push through the trap? Is it ok to backfill around this pipe (ABS) with sand? How do I get a downward slope with my...
  5. jfls45

strict plumbing codes by state

Is it true in the state of IL you have to have at least a journeymans lic to to do something so minor as wrap teflon tape around pipe threads on a paid job?
  6. jfls45

Breaking up concrete...

After all the great advice you guys gave me I am in the process of breaking out the concrete. Let me tell you this much, it is 5 inches thick and full of stones. This is not a quick and easy task. My hats off to you guys who do this stuff for a living. As for the previous posts harrassing...
  7. jfls45

advice on bulding up a shower base

I am installing a round shower base and need to elevate it a couple of inches or so to make room for the drain piping. What are some of the ways I can raise up the base without building a square base? I want the shape of the base to match the shape of the arc in this picture Jeff
  8. jfls45

Pic of my new plumber

I hired a new plumber today and took a pic of him working at the sink...are all you plumbers like this?
  9. jfls45

Basement shower plumbing, need some input...

Ok, here is my dilemma, I tore out an old 32" shower that was sitting on a raised up tray under the shower base. As you can see in the pictures, there was some piping rigged up on top of the concrete floor (basement bathroom). I started cutting and chiseling a trench into the concrete so I can...
  10. jfls45

What is this fitting called? Need help finding a new one!

I am trying to locate a shower drain fitting but having no luck. Been to all the local stores and have done an exhaustive search online with no results. It is the weekend so I can't call a plumbing supply house for help, thought I would try here. I have a shower setup that isn't the normal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks