Breaking up concrete...

Users who are viewing this thread

jfls45

Homeowner
Reaction score
After all the great advice you guys gave me I am in the process of breaking out the concrete. Let me tell you this much, it is 5 inches thick and full of stones. This is not a quick and easy task. My hats off to you guys who do this stuff for a living. As for the previous posts harrassing everyone, I hope you know I was trying to have some fun. Now it's down to business.

I bought a 7amp hammer drill to go along with my air chisel and I'm about 1/2 way there now. The existing drain is a floor drain and it appears to be all cast iron pipe, there is no vent piping that I am aware of. I will break out the concrete around the drain opening as well and cut the pipe off so I can put whatever you professionals tell me I need to use to finish piping this up. I will put a p-trap under the shower drain but not sure what to use to connect to the cast iron pipe. Do I get a pvc elbow or a rubber flexible elbow? Do I concrete back over this thing or ....?

Jeff
Master Plumber

Attachments

• 100_1900.jpg
    100_1900.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 375
  • 100_1904.jpg
    100_1904.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_1905.jpg
    100_1905.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 100_1891.jpg
    100_1891.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 324

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tools?

Those two tools are like going into a gunfight with a knife. They are completely inadequate for the task at hand. A 7 amp drill is like a tack hammer, you need at least 12 amps and maybe more, but even more important is the striking force.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks