Search results

1. Rhino1

Old Carrier Furnace Short-Cycling----Not Spark Electrode

I've got an old Carrier gas furnace---394GAW model (40 years old?); it's similar to 58GS models. The furnace pilot lights up, but my burners will only stay lit for a few seconds (although last night the burners stayed lit one time for a minute or so, then the blower came on and the burners went...
  2. Rhino1

Footprint for 2-Ton Furnaces?

I have 4 80-year old gravity furnaces in a California basement (in California), which I'd like to replace. I'm trying to figure out whether I can put 4 2-ton replacement furnaces (perhaps with coils for an a/c add-on later) in the same location, but I'm getting conflicting information. I have...
  3. Rhino1

Venting Gas Dryer in Basement?

I have a gas dryer in the basement of a 2 story 4-plex building. To vent the dryer exhaust to the outside, I'd need to go up 8 feet and then horizontally another 15 to 20 feet. I've been told that the dryer will not be able to blow out all the lint on it own, and the lint will back up and...
  4. Rhino1

Bad Sump Pump and/or Clogged Line?

Hope you all can help me. In the basement of my 4-plex, I have a washing machine that drains into a sink, which in turn drains into a sump pump closed bucket. There is also another sump pump in the basement sitting in a pit, which would handle any flooding on the basement floor. the ABS pipes...
  5. Rhino1

Redesign Kitchen Sink Plumbing??

We have a double-sink (with garbage disposal and dishwasher) that continually backs up--on average, once every 1 to 2 weeks. The backup is on the garbage disposal side, which is the only side we really use. We plunge it, and then it's good for a week or two. Our guess is that the design...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks