Search results

1. doc5md

Sink drain and venting help...

Hey Terry, yes a drawing or pic would help I'm sure. I'm a terrible artist... LOL Essentially, I need to run it on its back because I don't have the vertical height remaining to get to the drain as there is a cleanout on a T coming up out of the floor. I don't want to try and take it off and...
  2. doc5md

yes. Like that..... One question. If I kept the drain piping under the sink and had a sanitee on its back rolled to 45*, vent running on the 45* up and into the wall, then Another 45* to get me vertical. Would that be ok? I can do it either way.
  3. doc5md

I am putting in a sink. The drain line is under the sink (in concrete), not in the wall behind the sink. The wall is open for me to run the vent. Is the best way to do this as follows: come out of trap and run into the wall like you normally would. In the wall would be a sanitee, vent going up...
  4. doc5md

Water Pressure changed...

pressure testing... I did this before when it happened, but it had resolved quickly. I can't find my guage now, but when I did it before the opening pressure was at least 25# more than the pressure if I ran the water for 10seconds first. Hope that helps. Quinn
  5. doc5md

Water Pressure changed...

Hey all! Haven't been on here in quite a while. I've completed all my plumbing projects for the entire hourse, but now this issue popped up. All of a sudden, the water pressure when opening a faucet is significantly higher than usual. it returns to normal pressure within about 5-10seconds of...
  6. doc5md

Level a claw foot tub

Well, my tub has cast iron legs, so I don't think a wood rasp would have worked on them either. My legs also fit into the dovetail with a bit of play, but with the weight of the tub on them and the felt under the feet leveling it out, I have no play at all in it now. There wasn't any need to...
  7. doc5md

advice on bulding up a shower base

Ah yes, forgot about that. redgard is probably a better idea. Quinn
  8. doc5md

advice on bulding up a shower base

building a base. If you are dead-set in building up a base, here's what I would do. Put shower pan on floor. trace it out. remove shower pan. cut lumber (2x4 or 2x whatever height you need) to extend from the wall to short of the line by a measurement you will have to calculate from the...
  9. doc5md

Level a claw foot tub

Leveling clawfoot tub. I used various thickness felt pads under the legs of mine. Quinn
  10. doc5md

Powerful exhaust fan for in-wall use?

I'm not really sure I understand exactly what you are looking for, but have you looked at Fantech? www.fantech.com They have all sorts of fan products including those in which the motor is mounted in line, but now necessarily at the opening to the room. moight be worth a look. Quinn
  11. doc5md

Cast Iron joint question...

Thanks HJ, That offset fitting is wild. The house was built in 1896. A grinder should be able to remove the bead, right? Quinn
  12. doc5md

Pictures... Here are some pictures. Please, keep in mind that no plumbing you see here is my doing! :) I'd like to disconnect the wye and go with pvc. Access to the straight portion of the stack above that weird S fitting is too tight, so disconnecting it would be the best option I think...
  13. doc5md

That link didn't work for me?
  14. doc5md

Thanks for the answers so far, I'll try to post a picture of what I am planning later tonight. But essentially, I have a CI wye in the basement on the main stack going out. It is connected to PVC and leaking. Below that is a cleanout, also seeping. I am redoing some of the plumbing and would...
  15. doc5md

How easy/hard is it to remove a lead joint in order to facilitate removal of the coupling; then connect to PVC with a banded fernco, etc? Thanks, Quinn
  16. doc5md

water lines, exterior walls, winter cold...

I think I can get the toilet and shower plumbing in the 2x2 firred wall. I think I can build inward on the exterior wall by another 2 inches, giving more insulation for the pipes for the vanity. I would plan on insulating the pipes with wrap of some sort. Some other questions: would you go...
  17. doc5md

If I don't run them in the exterior walls, I'd be left with running them in the joist spaces with a crawl space below and I'm not really sure that is any better, or is it? I probably have room to build the wall with the vanity and shower on it out another few inches, but does that really solve...
  18. doc5md

The 3/4 bath below is going to be installed in an area that was previous a porch, but has been since removed. in it's place, a footer was dug, conrete poured and a short block wall built. moisture barrier was placed in the resulting crawl space, and then the area was framed out using 2x6's for...
  19. doc5md

new 3/4 bath DWV.

Is this what you mean? Here's a new picture: Is that what you meant? Thanks, Quinn
  20. doc5md

new 3/4 bath DWV.

We are putting in a new 3/4 bath on the first floor. I just want to make sure what I plan is ok and if you all might have a better or simpler way to do it. Do both the vanity and the shower need separate vents given the very short distance between them? I have 1.5" for the vanity, 2" for the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks