Search results

1. TequilaMB

Expansion tank pinhole leak

We have a Dunkirk Boiler (natural gas) for hot water baseboard heat, combined with a BoilerMate WaterMaker for hot water. In 2016, we had the expansion tank replaced which sits above the boiler. Just recently, we've begun to notice some water on the floor. Traced it down to an actual pinhole...
  2. TequilaMB

Star Powerflush Optima

Readers Digest version: Is it possible to join a Star Powerflush Optima back outlet toilet with a Saniflo grinder when the Saniflo grinder's intake opening is higher than the backflush toilet's outlet pipe? The back story: In early 2020, we installed, with the help of a friend who is a general...
  3. TequilaMB

Emergency pump recommendations

We currently have a Liberty Sump Pump in our Sump basin, plus an additional battery backup pump on standby. However, we thought it might be a good idea (since our basement is partially finished) to have an emergency pump on hand - an electrically operated one that would sit on the basement floor...
  4. TequilaMB

Star Powerflush Optima - convert to Saniflo?

We have a basement bathroom with the Star Powerflush Optima water system toilet & tank. The tank and pump also serve a tub and sink. The first tank we had failed after just over a year, and we replaced it with a new tank. Now, we're seeing warning signs of impending failure again. We're not...
  5. TequilaMB

Powerflush Optima tank seepage

We have a basement bathroom with the Powerflush Optima water system toilet & tank. The tank and pump also serve a tub and sink. The first tank we had failed after just over a year, and we replaced it with a new tank. Now, we're noticing evidence of seepage along the seam where the lid fits the...
  6. TequilaMB

Fleck timer - what do I have?

Our water softener suddenly wouldn't stop calling for water, it was just running through the rinse cycle constantly. Even unplugging it didn't stop the water usage. My hubby called the company that installed it, and they told him how to bypass the softening system. They then came out and...
  7. TequilaMB

Fasco blower motor

The blower motor on our 30 yr old Dunkirk boiler is making a racket. It's still going, but making a lot of noise. Model on the tag says JA1M139NS. Any idea where I can find a replacement? I've been going to take it apart to clean, but would like to have a spare on hand just in case.
  8. TequilaMB

Electric Fireplace problem

We have an electric fireplace (Allen & Roth, purchased at Lowe's), which sat in the box it came in for a couple of years before we set it up winter before last in our newly finished converted garage/family room. The unit is a model F12-B-031-017A. It was highly rated as a great source of heat...
  9. TequilaMB

Boiler Mate and Dunkirk Boiler water scalding

We have a Dunkirk Boiler Model XE4, and an Amtrol Boiler Mate Watermaker model WH-7L, approximately 30 years old. We recently began having problems with the Amtrol unit over-heating the water to the point of being scalding, no matter where the temperature gauge is set. We replaced the...
  10. TequilaMB

507 Basement Sentry question

My 507 Basement Sentry system alarm went off today. We'd had a main pump failure yesterday (but caught it early enough that the battery backup unit had not kicked in). The charging light on the 507 was yellow, but the alarm still would not go off hitting the reset button. I discovered that the...
  11. TequilaMB

Building garage over well water supply line

I have a question regarding building a detached garage over an existing well water supply line. Our town's zoning regulations regarding setbacks, etc. are such that about the only place we can practically place a new detached garage is on top of the area where the well water supply pipe is...
  12. TequilaMB

Recommendation for sump pump call-out alarm system?

We're just recovering from yet another sump pump malfunction/failure that flooded our partially finished basement. We've had a Zoeller Basement Sentry battery backup installed, but I would like to supplement this with some kind of alarm system that will sound an audible alarm to alert us to the...
  13. TequilaMB

Best solution for outdoor wiring

We have a GFI outlet on the outside of our house. About 25 feet from the house we have a patio area where my DH wants to put in some lighting, a small fountain, a birdbath heater and maybe a couple of bug zappers. What's the best and simplest solution for getting wiring from the outlet out to...
  14. TequilaMB

Replacing Aqua-Air V60 pressure tank

Resolved Resolved. Resolved.
  15. TequilaMB

Backup Sump Pump system

I'm a homeowner looking for recommendations for installing a backup system for our basement sump pump. We have a full basement, sump crock with drainage pipes under the foundation empty into the crock. Have a Zoeller M53 sump pump in the crock, lifts about 6-7 feet to outside pipe just below...
  16. TequilaMB

Water usage 100,000 gallons per month?!

I am an off-site owner of a rental property having three units, two of the units have one resident each, the third has three residents. The water bill for this property is generally around $150-260 per quarter. Recently I got a notice that when the meter was read for the July-October...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks