Search results

1. K2

Kerdi proofing

Hey guys, i posted over on John Bridge forum too, and I am looking for a seattle based contractor that can mud a utility shower pan and curb, and kerdi proof the walls and ceiling. You can Pm me directly or reply here.
  2. K2

Rain Barrel Pumps and Recirculation

Hey Guys, I'm hoping this is the right forum for this, but we have a pretty big backyard organic garden. Our rain barrels are far enough away that I need additional pressure to be able to water the garden, and we add some organic nutrients to 'bolster' the water, some times combining it with...
  3. K2

Wire Humidistat Directly to Dehumidifier

Hello, I need some help wiring my humidistat to the dehumidifier. I'm using the H46C from Honeywell, and I have a Santa Fe Impact dehumidifier. The humidistat is in the basement finished room and the dehumidifier is in an adjacent unfinished portion of the basement. It is ducted to the...
  4. K2

240V Timer Switch

Hey guys, I need a bit of help understanding a diagram. I want to hard wire my 240 circuit to a timer, then wire the outlet from the timer, I don't want to assume with this one :) I'm hoping the L and 1 are the hot supply, and the X and 2 are the line TO my outlet. Question is, do I have...
  5. K2

Basement Tile

Hey guys hoping someone might have insight into tiling over xps rigid foam board? Part of my basement remodel i would like to tile most of the basement. Right now its just a slab below grade, so i was hoping to put xps down then plywood sleepers and radiant, then cbu, ditra the tile. Owens...
  6. K2

Basement Insulation

Hey everyone, you were a big help during my 1st floor renovation, I even had Terry's crew come install the Aquia 2 dual flush with soft close seat in the new bathroom, it's a great fixture! I took a year off and now i'm hitting the basement. I read the Building Science articles and have read...
  7. K2

Kitchen Drain

Hey guys, I've found conflicting advice about ABS and it's UV resistance, and I have a situation where my kitchen drain goes into my basement (which I can access) and out through the house wall just above the concrete knee wall, then 90degree elbow into the ground to connect to the sewer down...
  8. K2

Wall Vented Range Hood

Hey guys, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a decent range hood that i can vent through the wall, that does NOT have to be mounted to a cabinet... most of the ikea/HD ones don't specifcally say you can vent through the wall, does anyone have experience with this? Style is not a...
  9. K2

Medicine Cabinet Hinge

Hey guys, I'm building a medicine cabinet and I've created it so the door is flush with the face. To do this I used a rabbited edge on the sides of the cabinet. I'm looking for a hinge that is going to allow me to open the door, however keep the hinge hiddin on the inside of the door. I...
  10. K2

Overhead Insulation - Tape?

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the name of the product is that I see in most insulation pictures where batts are put overhead? It looks like a plastic sheet, but I'm pretty sure it's adhesive, maybe like white duct tape in large sheets? Any thoughts?
  11. K2

Kitchen Faucet

Hey guys, long time no talk, spent the summer overhauling the yard, now I"m back to the kitchen, got my cabinets, and countertops ready to go, i'm trying to decide on sinks/faucets... Does anyone have any recommendations on kitchen faucets, I'm leaning towards something like a commercial...
  12. K2

Gazebo

probably wrong forum but I didn't see a 'roofing' or 'outbuilding' forum. Building a gazebo in my back yard, a 10'x10' square 4 hip roof, and I wanted to put cedar shingles on it, however I don't want to use plywood as a roof sheathing... Anyone have ideas? I've seen a 'louvered' roofing...
  13. K2

Plastic Wall Box

Hey guys, long time no talk. I've got a bathroom wall light fixture that I'm replacing, and when I got it up there it causes the box to come out past the drywall a bit exposing the box...which is undesirable. Is there something I can do (besides ripping the drywall off and replacing with...
  14. K2

Slipper/Clawfoot tub drain

Hey everyone, hopefully an easy question, I'm installing the drain for the clawfoot tub, and it didn't come with any instructions. I understand everything except for the following (please see picture): 1) part #18 screws into the drain from inside the tub, do i need any putty, or silicone...
  15. K2

clawfoot tub question

please see the picture below, this is probably a stupid question but do I have to cut the pipes (A & B in the diagram) in order for it to line up with the drain and overflow holes? Or should it have been delivered with pipes that actually fit? I bought the whole 'clawfoot tub package' and this...
  16. K2

Metal Drain Tube to ABS

easy question I hope: Getting ready to install a tub in the bath and it has this waste and overflow bath drain - image attached... how do i join that sucker to my ABS drain? thanks! Kurt
  17. K2

Bathroom Remodel (again)

hello, it's been a while since I last posted and I need some opinions for a remodel. I have a small L shaped bathroom. Bottom of the "L" will be the stand alone shower that I would like to use the Kerdi system in. The rest of the rest of the "L" will have a slipper tub, toilet & vanity. I...
  18. K2

light in shower

hello! simple question i hope, does the light in a shower enclosure have to be recessed? and any recommendations either way for hardware? thanks!
  19. K2

Handshower/Shower Head Recommendations

Redwood, I saw you like the Speakman line in another post... Any other recommendations for Handshowers/Shower heads from anyone? I'm looking at running a RainShower head with a diverter for hand shower on sliding rail. Thanks,
  20. K2

shower and Lav back to back

Hey guys, I think i remember reading this on the site, so point me in the right direction if someone knows of a post but I can't find it: I'm still in design phase of my renovation and i'm curious if I can share a vent and a drain for a shower and lav that are back to back sharing a wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks