Search results

1. Richrc1131

Need help identifying a dishwasher part

Manufacturer: Kenmore Model: 66517052402 I am installing a used dishwasher that is missing the covers that go over the screws that mount the unit to the cabinets on the right and left sides. I'm having trouble finding the exact name of those covers and haven't seen them in the parts...
  2. Richrc1131

low voltage light question

I have a ceiling light that has a loose connection between two of the segments. This is one of those low voltage lights. What happens is that the light randomly cuts off. If I squeeze that connection point, the light will stay on. The connecting area has a small metal clip on the top and...
  3. Richrc1131

Shower handle part identification question

What is the name of the little screws that are used for securing that cover plate that goes around the shower handle stem covers? They install against the wall. The screws are very small, have no head, and pointed at one end. My wife installed new shower handle hardware, but left those...
  4. Richrc1131

Sink fitting in new granite countertop question

I hope this is the right thread for this. Sorry if it isn't. I just had a granite counter top installed. The contractors for Home Depot I think cut the sink cutout too wide. My wife measured it (I am still at work) and said that there is only about a half inch of material under the lip of the...
  5. Richrc1131

Roof cleaning question

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for advice on the solution that contractors use to clean moss off roofs. What chemical do they use and how do they apply it?
  6. Richrc1131

How to secure a shower rod

How can I secure a metal shower rod against ceramic tile? What products and/or techniques can I use?
  7. Richrc1131

Weak flush

I need some advice. A toilet in our half bath has a weak flush. We've snaked the toilet (nothing). Removed the toilet and snaked the line (nothing). Still a weak flush. What other troubleshooting steps could I take? PS. We also used the garden hose to run water down the line. No issues.
  8. Richrc1131

This just doesn't look right. What do you think?

My wife and I are finally getting around to the demo on a half bath on the first floor. Wifey disconnected and drained the current toilet while I was at work and sent me this pic. Her ex installed this half bath and installed the 2 inch tile from Hell AROUND the toilet. If this is...
  9. Richrc1131

Floor insulation question from a newbie

I'm planning on insulating the bottom floor of my house soon due to very cold floors and while I've checked out the steps necessary to do this, I still have a question: (Preface) - My basement isn't finished but we do use it for storage, laundry, and my tools. Occasionally, a little bit of...
  10. Richrc1131

Finished wall needs insulation

I need to insulate a finished wall (first floor). The inside of the wall is covered by cabinets. I cut a hole in the wall because it was always cold and found that there was no insulation. I want to know what options I have. I'm guessing one options is to pull the vinyl siding off and...
  11. Richrc1131

Shower handles

The cold water shower handle for some reason keeps coming loose. I've replaced it, but it keeps coming loose on that side. I thought that maybe the grooves on the valve stem were worn, but they don't look it. I also tried moving the hot water handle over and it seems to come loose too, but...
  12. Richrc1131

Baseboard heater cover height question

In trying to finish off my wife's ex's work in the house, I discovered that he installed electrical outlets too low above the baseboard heater piping. I went to install standard size heater covers only to find that they overlapped the electrical outlet covers by over an inch. I want to...
  13. Richrc1131

Leaking cold water valve

The cold water valve to the sink in our half bath is leaking ever so slightly. It's not leaking at the handle or at the connection to the cold water handle. It's leaking at the connection point to the cold water pipe. Is there a quick fix to this or do I absolutely have to replace the valve?
  14. Richrc1131

Small leak in PVC piping

I noticed a little water in my basement and tracked it to a leak coming from an elbow joint from the sink in the kitchen. It's just a couple of drops at a time, but I still want to fix it as soon as possible. Is there a quick patch for that or do I have to replace the whole joint?
  15. Richrc1131

Vent issue

Forgive me if I don't know the correct terminology, but I've never worked on a boiler before. With that said: The area around the location where the boiler vent connects to the chimney is crumbling. What material do I use to patch that up? Is Quik Crete sufficient?
  16. Richrc1131

pvc paint question

What kind of paint is used for pvc board? I tried regular paint and it didn't stick.
  17. Richrc1131

Door measurement question

I realize this may be a very basic question, but I'm new to all of this. I finally fixed an exterior doorway that had a screen door in it at some point ( there were marks where door hinges must have gone). I now need to install a screen door. I looked at stock at Lowes and Home Depot and...
  18. Richrc1131

Swingset update

Right now, I have a swingset that rests on grass and worn spots that get muddy every time it rains. I want to remove the grass from around it and fill it with wood chips. My question is: is there some material that I have to put down below the wood chip layer such as stone or a barrier of some...
  19. Richrc1131

Pedestal sink installation problem

To reclaim some space in a small bathroom, I decided to replace my large cabinet sink with a pedestal sink. The mock up looked great. Restrictions: There is a drain pipe running from the tub under where the pedestal column would sit, therefore I couldn't choose a sink that required me to...
  20. Richrc1131

Grout Problem

I am trying to figure out what to do here regarding a bad grouting job. My friend that tiled my small bathroom floor, apparently didn't seal it correctly and now it's looking dirty in some spots as if dirt has settled in. Other areas look fine. Is there a quick fix for this?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks