Search results

1. Pipehacker

Strange Big Box Store Advice

Over the weekend I went to the big box store that starts with a "L" to buy an AAV to hopefully improve an S trap situation under a sink. I ask the plumbing aisle clerk if they have any and he doesn't know what they are but says his manager will. He goes and talks to his manager and comes back...
  2. Pipehacker

Funeral Processions in America

A man was walking down a street one day and saw a most unusual funeral procession. First came a black hearse. Fifty feet behind was another black hearse. Fifty feet behind that was a man wearing a black suit and walking a big dog. And fifty feet behind the man with the dog was a single file...
  3. Pipehacker

A Man in a Bar

An executive goes to a bar, orders a drink, and starts to eat the free peanuts. He hears a voice say "that is a real nice suit that you are wearing," but he cannot determine where the voice came from. A few minutes go by and he hears the same voice say "that is a great haircut that you have,"...
  4. Pipehacker

I Do Not Understand Europe's Attitude Towards Its Bonds

Hey Ian, how come Greece (And, apparently, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, etc, etc. . . .) apparently have no pride and are elated to have their bondholders take a bath on the investments made in their country? Is there no national pride in Europe? And what's this deal with the Greek referendum...
  5. Pipehacker

A little blue pill and the Dentist

A man went to his dentist to have a tooth pulled. "First I have to give you something for the pain," says the dentist, "this is a needle full of novacaine." "That will kill me," says the patient, "I am allergic to novacaine." The dentist goes out and comes back with a tank of laughing gas and...
  6. Pipehacker

Dishwasher Which Will Not Frequently Be Used

I want to install a dishwasher in our cabin. It will deeply freeze in the winter and there will be periods of time as much as six months long when it will not be used. I understand that dishwashers require regular use or they may have problems with seals drying out, odor, etc.. I assume that it...
  7. Pipehacker

Electricity Cost Calculation

We have a strange situation. We own a rental duplex. Each unit has separate meters and pays its own electricity and other utilities. The duplex has a detached duplex garage, with one tenant having one stall and the other tenant having two stalls. When the duplex and garage were built about 15...
  8. Pipehacker

power to boathouse

I want to run power to a boathouse about 100 feet from a cabin. I want three outlets and two interior lights. Outlets would be used for charging a boat battery and occasional small tools. All can be on one circuit and I would prefer to avoid a subpanel unless very beneficial or necessary...
  9. Pipehacker

Ecoflow peat filter septic system

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this septic system, which uses peat as a filter material? Thanks
  10. Pipehacker

Good Plumbing

With the occasional horror story about incompetent/price gouging plumbers being discussed I want to post my recent experience. Our Bradford White water heater stopped working. Playing with the reset button didn't work. At 7 am I called the plumber who installed the water heater 7 years ago...
  11. Pipehacker

Triangular toilet. triangle tank Eljer

Does anyone have any thoughts, recommendations or experience concerning triangular shaped toilets and a good one to buy? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks