Search results

1. P

Best way to fix minor leak in tight spot?

This was installed about a year ago. Developed minor leak here recently on left side of the valve where soldered. Thinking I’ll cut section just right of the valve, unsweat the valve, then use stopless coupling to reconnect. Kind of worried about how to get everything to fit though given the...
  2. P

Escutcheon when wye is tight to wall? What size?

Installed under sink plumbing, stub out was very short so hub of the wye is up against the back wall of the cabinet. Tried may different size but nothing seems to fit. 2" escutcheon won't work since this is going over the hub. Any thoughts? I believe the exterior diameter of a 2" pvc coupling is...
  3. P

Cabinet guys cut pipe short- Is this enough pipe for drain?

Cabinet guys cut this way short, if I attach wye here to add drain + clean out is that connection point going to leak? Should I get the hub saver instead and attach longer pipe or is that riskier? 2” pvc. Have a few other similar ones, what’s the minimum length I should feel ok about using...
  4. P

Multiple appliances discharge into one floor drain.

Have one floor drain in mechanical room. Looking for best ways to organize this. The furnace condensate, water heater T&P, and drain pan all feed into the same drain. I also have a washing machine. I doubt I can get these to all fit, are there some best practices for these situations? I’m...
  5. P

Sediment trap for gas dryer?

Hi- is it necessary to install a sediment trap /drip leg for a gas dryer? I'm in Chicago, for the record. I can't find anything about this in the code and/or general guidance online. Thank you!
  6. P

Tub drain trim doesn't match shower-- easy fix?

My plumber ignored my requests to use brushed nickel trim on the tub. I now understand why he did it, because Gerber lift n turn brass drain isn't readily available in brushed nickel for some reason, but wish he would have told me so I could have sourced it. Anyways, I found the correct trim kit...
  7. P

Is this the correct way to offset ? 2x street 45*s? Can’t line it up otherwise

As title says, is there any better way to line these up? I am lost on what my other options are. If this works going to send it. Just dry fit so far. Thanks in advance for your help
  8. P

Copper stub out too short. Best way to address?

Had a plumber put in new copper lines while I was renovating bathroom. Apparently he left the lines too short I can’t cut the cold line as it’s barely above the cabinet base. I tried sweating it off but doesn’t budge. Possible that I kinked it or pinched it while trying to pull the cap off. What...
  9. P

First time soldering, can this be trusted?

Hi- Trying my luck with water heater install. So far nothing leaks but is that the end of the story? Can I feel comfortable that this isn’t going to pop a leak in few days or weeks? I left it pressurized/filled up the tank, and no signs of water anywhere. Can I sleep at night or should I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks