Search results

1. coolgreany

Navien NPE-180A2 lost EMS data

I agree that's what happened. It just seems strange the other EMS data returned to normal data collection but the recirculation time is remaining at zero hours even after 2 weeks back in operation. I'll give it another week and maybe try a factory reset.
  2. coolgreany

@Breplum thanks. Can you please explain what you mean by "temporary drift"? Our local water authority uses Chloramine. Sounds like a bad check valve would not cause the EMS to fail to track the re-circulation time? Any thoughts on the cause of the EMS to not register re-circulation time...
  3. coolgreany

I recently was away for 3 weeks and the house was vacant. I turned off our Navien NPE-180A2 at the circuit breaker before I left.. When I came back, my EMS historical settings for the previous months had zeroed out. The unit started logging new usage again except for the re-circulation data...
  4. coolgreany

Takagi vs. Rinnai vs. Navien - any thoughts?

I have a Navien NPE-180A2. What's the symptoms of a failed check valve?
  5. coolgreany

Navien A2 model settings that affect recirculation time

Thanks. Yes, I've read that here and in other forums which is why I was asking here. After a few more days of test data, I'm thinking the Navicir manifold may be causing the system to top circulation perhaps due to a temperature sensor in the Navicirc. It looks like 2.5 minutes is the most I...
  6. coolgreany

Anyone? I've tried multiple setting variations but I'm beginning to think that the Navien recirc valve is closing when a certain temperature is reached regardless of the pump Menu settings. I can live with that but would like to understand exactly "what" is causing the pump to shut down at 2.5...
  7. coolgreany

I recently had a Navien NPE-180A2 installed together with the Navicirc valve under a bathroom sink. I have the temp set at 121 degrees Fahrenheit. I tried the intelligent mode circulation for a few weeks but that didn't seem to improve the availability for hot water for routine morning showers...
  8. coolgreany

NPE-180A2 does not seem to be circulating correctly through Navicirc

@Fitter30 , Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have looked at pages 29 to 36 in the manual. As far as I can see, the valve is set correctly to "EXTERNAL." when using the Navicirc manifold/valve. As I mentioned earlier, "I've checked the manuals (there's not much about it in the user manual but the...
  9. coolgreany

NPE-180A2 does not seem to be circulating correctly through Navicirc

I've looked at numerous posts and videos and I'm pretty sure my recently installed and NPE 180-A2 may not be recirculating correctly through the Navicirc manifold. I've had it about a month now and used the intelligent recirculation option (originally set by the plumber) for the first 3 weeks...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks