Search results

1. yourlocalhandsyman

Short radius 45's for

It's like other than wyes every fitting is vent stuff. Not a single med/long sweep 90 or these to be found.
  2. yourlocalhandsyman

Short radius 45's for

Looking through the NPC 2020, it specifically states that short radius 90's cannot be used to connect 2 drainage pipes except in 2 very specific circumstances: "90° Elbows 1) Except as permitted in Sentence (2), 90° elbows of NPS 4 or less whose centre-line radius is less than the NPS of the...
  3. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Yes, when you are off axis you don't gain as much rise. Does 3-4" of 70% rise really matter when 95% of the pipe is at correct rise and the water is traveling at the fastest velocity it will reach? I thought I was autistically OCD.
  4. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

I'm no understanding what you are getting at? Running the lines 1/4" per foot would give both the centre outlet and the side ones a pitch. If you start from the stack and pitch it there, then for the wye drop a level cross ways you can straighten it out so both sides are even and not one up one...
  5. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Ah, the ontario code page has the old 2015 version of the national code. The current 2020 National code book reads as follows: c) where 2 water closets are installed, they are connected at the same level by means of a double sanitary T fitting if the vent pipe is vertical and by means of a...
  6. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Would love to, but my parent's won't go for it. Going to try and bribe a local inspector or master plumber to look my plans over and fix them.
  7. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting a toilet

In the building code a 1.5" pipe cannot wet vent a toilet, but a 2" can. So if I was to replace the 1.5" pipe between the toilet and the sinks tee with 2", and leave the 1.5" as the dry vent off the top of the sink tee that would be to code? Then if this toilet is sharing a wet vent with...
  8. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

The wording seriously makes my head hurt, I'm tired.
  9. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

I'm confused, you erased the line from the right hand toilet to the main pipe and attached it to the sink going to the main pipe. The sink only has a 1.5" drain, wouldn't it rather be the toilet connected directly to the main 4" before the stack, with the sink draining into the toilet pipe and...
  10. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Hmm, I was watching a video by a licensed plumber, and it showed using a horizontal wye before the stack top connect 2 toilets with the wet vent running up the centre outlet for the rest of the fixtures to the dry vent at the end/2nd last. Perhaps I am remembering it wrong or it was not for...
  11. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Are there any Canadians on here who can chime in and check our work?
  12. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Yes, but when you do 2 bathroom groups the toilets have to be the last fixtures and on opposing arms of a double wye, as my dash sketch shows. This is pretty complicated as far as plumbing I have done. When my parents die they are leaving me the house so I want to be sure and do everything...
  13. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

I appreciate it. The table is why I was running a 4" wet vent, as the vent cannot decrease until it becomes a dry vent, and a 3" pipe with 2 toilets can only have 8 fixture units on it. I was assuming that the 2 kitchen sinks would count towards that # since they are draining into the pipe...
  14. yourlocalhandsyman

Laundry drain p trap and vent

I'm not a licensed plumber, but the way I've seen it done and that I have done (in Canada) is P trap at the end of the stand pipe, stand pipe has a set height (30-36" in Canada, and must end above the top of the sink/washing machine overflow height.). Then either use an AAV that is after the P...
  15. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Here you go! Correct me if I'm wrong, but can I run a vertical pipe up to the current venting (dry vent) and attach it to a 4" horizontal trunk that drains at the stack, connecting each below the floor parallel to the 4"? So the 1 1/2" vertical is dry but when it hits the 4 inch trunk...
  16. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

I'm rereading the code and you cannot wet vent a bathroom through a kitchen sink. Also I opened up the wall because something seemed off - turns out the kitchen and bathroom sink share a vent but both run horizontal a short way then down through the floor like everything else to drain. I...
  17. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

Sorry, I'm just realizing there is a Canadian specific place I could of put this. Should I remake it or can it be moved Terry? I made a new drawing that is more accurate. The kitchen sinks that are vented above the floor are what's already there, framed and covered in the wall. Everything below...
  18. yourlocalhandsyman

Wet venting 2 washrooms

So our plumber decided he wanted to take some easy new construction subdivision jobs before winter instead of finishing ours (welcome to living in the middle of nowhere). I thought everything was roughed in but on looking in the crawlspace the drain pipes all just stick 2' down and aren't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks