Search results

1. Giants_fan_in_PA

Utility sink install in basement.

I'm adding a utility sink in my basement. To me, the best location is near the ejector basin that services the bathroom. I can easily buy an on the floor basin/pump combo and attach it to the waste pipe near the ceiling and vent stack. I wouldn't mind saving a few hundred dollars if I can do it...
  2. Giants_fan_in_PA

Basement bath venting

Next question about the basement bathroom. The vent for the fixtures is horizontal 4 feet above the floor. I need to tie in the ejector pit. Should I vent up from below the horizontal pipe with a Tee or should I come up to the same level with a wye? Here's a picture. You can see the pit outside...
  3. Giants_fan_in_PA

PEX-A installation

So, I'm an old school DIYer. I've received great help here before. I bought a Ryan home a little over a year ago. All of the supply lines are PEX-A. I'm used to copper. What I've done in the past is tie into existing supply and putting in shutoffs so I can work downstream without shutting off...
  4. Giants_fan_in_PA

Basement rough in question

I'm trying to understand this rough in. This was done as part of new construction. I had no say in what was done. I have before and after concrete pour pictures. It looks like there isn't a p-trap where the shower is connected. Is this normal? Do I have to dig it up? Am I wrong in what I'm...
  5. Giants_fan_in_PA

Venting a basement rough in

Hey guys, I'm planning the basement bathroom in my new house. The basement was already roughed in when I purchased. Here's a picture before they poured the concrete: From left to right: vanity, wc, shower, ejector pump(not shown) Where do I put the vent? I have a guess but would like to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks