Search results

1. Dar Dack

Installing Dishwasher where non existed before, no disposal, air gap question

Air gaps not required by my local jurisdiction, just the high loop. No garbage disposal. Is there a good reason to go with an air gap instead?
  2. Dar Dack

Protect PEX in basement walls?

I am finishing my basement. My plumbing has all been inspected and passed, but I was thinking. Some of the PEX and vent piping is in the middle of wall cavities right, and the bathroom and kitchenette area share a wall. Do I just remember not to hang shelves or anything on that shared wall...
  3. Dar Dack

110 CFM Vent Fan

Sorry, I am not sure where to ask this. I am putting in a basement bathroom and the fan my wife picked out is 110cfm because it has bluetooth/alexa speakers. However, it only has a 4" vent on back, and the ventilation code I could find says 100 is 10' max smooth metal, 125 is X (so no 4"...
  4. Dar Dack

Shower only PEX to shower head ok?

I've tried searching and most just talk about to tub spout. I'm putting in a 3/4 bathroom in my basement, and just want to make sure I can use 1/2" PEX to a drop ear for shower head. Something like this...
  5. Dar Dack

Rough in bathroom vanity elbow

So the elbow that is in the wall, can that be a normal 90? How does a sweep fit in there if not? Do you have a bit of the fitting come through wall instead of just some 1.5" pipe?
  6. Dar Dack

Moving washer just want to make sure what i have in mind is good

Attaching a crude rough drawing I made. To explain in words. The washer will sit in a cut out in mud room, the stand pipe (all pvc 2") will sit in the right corner, p trap, pipe after p trap 6" off ground, T to run vent through ceiling out side out house to 2' above roof line, the line after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks