Search results

1. ghaun

Challenging Bath Vent

All, I have posted parts of this scenario in a few other threads, but I was hoping to tighten up my question within this new post. I am having trouble venting a tub within my bathroom. It is a free-standing tub in the middle of the floor. Please see the attached picture for my explanation. I...
  2. ghaun

Relief Vent a Trap Arm for a Fixture Drain serving as Wet-vent

All, I am hoping that you can help me with a scenario. In order to wet-vent a tub, I have a vanity sink which would be pressing the length of its trap arm. Is it possible to relief vent that trap arm, so that the vertical wet-to-dry for the wet vent is still present for the tub? Due to floor...
  3. ghaun

Slope for Trap Arm

Hello, I am a bit confused by the slopes provided in table 906.1. It makes sense that a 2" pipe at 1/4" per foot would max out at 8 feet in length. That would put the level right at the top of the pipe meeting the vent. ...but what I don't understand is the 1/8" per foot requirement for the...
  4. ghaun

Wet vent without the dry vented fixture

So this may seem like a crazy question, but I have a scenario where having a vent up-stream a few feet for my tub would be preferred, as I have a wall there that I could come up. So my question is as such, if there was a vanity there, I could connect to that and use as a wet vent. So imagine...
  5. ghaun

Does every stack require a stack vent

All, I have a question regarding the concept and requirement for a stack vent for every stack. I live in PA and my township stipulates the 2003 IPC and updates thereafter. I have a 3" stack that extends as a stack vent through the roof and that serves as a drain for a large shower on the first...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks