Challenging Bath Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

ghaun

Reaction score
All,

I have posted parts of this scenario in a few other threads, but I was hoping to tighten up my question within this new post.
I am having trouble venting a tub within my bathroom. It is a free-standing tub in the middle of the floor. Please see the attached picture for my explanation. I do have a vent in the up-stream direction with a sink not too far away, which I was originally going to drain into a separate branch. My thought was to try to use that vent for the tub. This up-stream direction would be perpendicular to floor joists; though, I do have a soffit directly below. I could tie into that vent, if I could turn the drain into a wet-vent using the vanity as the "washing" for the vent. See the attached picture for my deliberation.

Thank you for your assistance!

Challenging Bath Vent.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks