Search results

1. jacksmith7

Another Bathroom Rough-In Question

Isn't it vented by the shower vent? Thanks.
  2. jacksmith7

I wonder if no response means the rough-in is okay, or it's so bad no one cares to comment. :)
  3. jacksmith7

Please look at the attached picture and tell me if my rough-in is correct. Thanks.
  4. jacksmith7

Heating and Bending DWV PVC

Thanks, HJ. Maybe I can find a combination of fittings that will give me the angle I need.
  5. jacksmith7

Heating and Bending DWV PVC

I'm in need of an irregular bend. Does the code allow heating and bending DWV PVC as long as it doesn't kink?
  6. jacksmith7

Please Critique DWV Mock-Up

Great point...thank you.
  7. jacksmith7

Plumbing and electrical are included with the building permit.
  8. jacksmith7

Not requiring inspections is not uncommon for many small towns in the midwest. Thanks to comments from everyone here, I think I finally understand. I'll connect the sink to the shower vent and vent the washer by itself. The shower drain will tie in between the toilet and the washer drain. I...
  9. jacksmith7

I appreciate all the input on this, and I apologize if I seem dense, or have created confusion. Attached is a rough sketch that I hope will better illustrate what I want to do. The vent going to the shower drain will run under the slab until it reaches the plumbing wall and then become vertical...
  10. jacksmith7

I'm not sure I understand. The shower vent would continue to run along the ground until it reaches a point (the wall) behind the toilet and then go vertical through the roof. The stub of 2" pipe sticking out of the fitting in this mock-up is just to show the direction the vent is running. The...
  11. jacksmith7

Please review the attached picture of what I mocked up for our pole barn bathroom and let me know if it is correct. Thanks for any help/advice.
  12. jacksmith7

San Tee Backwards

Any answers to questions 2 and 3 would be appreciated. Thanks.
  13. jacksmith7

San Tee Backwards

Thanks to all who responded with advice. I'm going to tear out this whole mess and make the following changes: 1. Replace the 3x3x2 sanitary tee going from the main line to the shower trap with a combo fitting. 2. Replace the backwards sanitary tee for the shower vent with a wye fitting + 1/8...
  14. jacksmith7

San Tee Backwards

The 3x3x2 san tee connecting the shower to the main line was already there when we completed the rough-in and was (supposedly) installed by a plumber. Since you emphasized "SHOULD", does that mean the shower will still drain okay with the 3x3x2 san tee but it is just not to code? Thank you for...
  15. jacksmith7

San Tee Backwards

Thank you. I clarified my original post.
  16. jacksmith7

San Tee Backwards

We roughed in the plumbing for a bathroom in our boat house (pole barn) and the san tee for the shower/toilet vent was installed backwards. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this until I reviewed the pictures after the plumbing was all buried. Since this will be a dry vent, is there any problem...
  17. jacksmith7

Bathroom and Washer in Pole Barn

Thank you, Terry. My previous post was incorrect...the bathroom will actually be 5X8. I plan to vent the shower using a wye in the 2" shower drain before it reaches the sewer line coming from the toilet. This vent pipe will connect with the one coming from the sink/washer about 9' off the floor...
  18. jacksmith7

Bathroom and Washer in Pole Barn

I'm putting a standard 5X7 bathroom in my pole barn containing a shower, toilet, and utility sink (in place of a normal Lav). On the opposite side of one wall, I'm plumbing for a clothes washer. I plan to run a vent to the shower, and vent the utility sink and washer together using the method...
  19. jacksmith7

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

I have the same issue with the Cimarron 1.28 I just installed. If it cannot be adjusted, can the flushing mechanism be replaced with one from the 1.6 Cimarron?
  20. jacksmith7

Toilet Flange too High

I took out the toilet flange and, as it turns out, the ceramic floor tile had been carried close to the PVC stack where the concrete floor was raised and that was holding the flange too high. I chipped away floor tile and installed a new flange...it now rests tight against the floor. I'm putting...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks