Bathroom and Washer in Pole Barn

Users who are viewing this thread

jacksmith7

Reaction score
I'm putting a standard 5X7 bathroom in my pole barn containing a shower, toilet, and utility sink (in place of a normal Lav). On the opposite side of one wall, I'm plumbing for a clothes washer. I plan to run a vent to the shower, and vent the utility sink and washer together using the method that has been depicted by Terry in a number of posting responses. Will this combination of vents suffice for venting the toilet, or will I need yet another vent? Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A washer does not wet vent a toilet.
Nor can you wet vent a washer with a bathroom group.

You can plumb for a sink and washer together like in my previous picture.
The shower if plumbed correctly, could wet vent the toilet, or you can just vent them both and revent at 42" above grade.

Distance requirements are 30" for a sink or lav, 30" for a toilet, and 30" for a tub. Most showers are 32" to 34"
That makes a standard bath a minimum of 7'5", though most are 8 feet long with a 36" lav.
Bathrooms from the 1920's were seven feet, and very tiny. That was almost 100 years ago. Before that, the privvy was outside.

jacksmith7

Reaction score
Thank you, Terry. My previous post was incorrect...the bathroom will actually be 5X8. I plan to vent the shower using a wye in the 2" shower drain before it reaches the sewer line coming from the toilet. This vent pipe will connect with the one coming from the sink/washer about 9' off the floor and the one 2" vent will exit through the roof.

Does this all sound correct? Thank you again.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks